Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

TIC & Emotional Responses

Old
TIC & Emotional Responses - Sat Sep 08, 2012, 05:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
At best the decision to close the TIC thread and subsequent actions were emotional over reactions. Since the setup of the club is purchasing shares in a group of horses managed by a board. It fits the framework of the shares/staking section although it is not a traditional shares arrangement.

Now that a day or two has passed why not do the right thing and move the thread to the proper section and reopen it? Why let some minor issue like this further drive a wedge between a group of members and the moderation team? Its just not worth it!

Its time for cooler heads to prevail.

Good Decisions need to be made away from the felt also.

Joe

Old
Sat Sep 08, 2012, 06:26 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
Hiya Joe,

The decision to close the thread in question was done based on the fact when that thread started we did not have any rules or even a section for staking; and when the last post was made on January 31st 2012, we had not added the staking section so it was never a problem.

The bump of this thread brings it into the light of needing to follow the rules PSO has in place for staking.

Also, the post has 1,800 plus replies and can get confusing for people going thru it.

We have no problem with a new thread being made as long as said thread is within the rules we have set for staking.

As for the emotional response, I am not sure where that is coming from. All we were doing was letting those involved in the thread know that there are rules in place for staking and they must be followed going forward.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 08, 2012, 11:02 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
Hiya Joe,

The decision to close the thread in question was done based on the fact when that thread started we did not have any rules or even a section for staking; and when the last post was made on January 31st 2012, we had not added the staking section so it was never a problem.

The bump of this thread brings it into the light of needing to follow the rules PSO has in place for staking.

Also, the post has 1,800 plus replies and can get confusing for people going thru it.

We have no problem with a new thread being made as long as said thread is within the rules we have set for staking.

As for the emotional response, I am not sure where that is coming from. All we were doing was letting those involved in the thread know that there are rules in place for staking and they must be followed going forward.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Brian
Any chance on using common-sense and Grandfathering TIC into the current staking rules? The framework for the profit sharing group is clearly laid out, and TIC has never screwed any PSO members the way quite a few of the staking events that follow your rules have.

We all want the PSO community to thrive, right? Well, I'd say 1,800 posts in a thread, with a ton of members learning, communicating, having fun, and making money is the very definition of thriving PSO community.

The way things are set now, you have people chasing make-up for 3 months and then the event is abruptly closed 4 days into the month. That fits the rules fine.

Having a group horses running, as determined by a "board" that is upfront and communicating with investors(who have the final say) will balance out variance and be GOOD for PSO members. Why doesn't this fit with the rules? In place of the word "horse" put "stable." Everything else fits the rules.

Old
Sun Sep 09, 2012, 10:37 AM
(#4)
Didn't want to start a war here

All I wanted to do is bump the thread and let old stakers and old horses that we are starting over and if there's any questions to contact effsea or myself...............and that's it, nothing more.

The thread could of been closed if any staking would of been posted, but it was only a few words and should of been kept open and moved to the right section

Old
Sun Sep 09, 2012, 11:01 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi guys,

You'd all be very welcome to start a new T.I.C. thread in the staking section, spell out the details, share prices, horses etc.... anything as long as it conforms to the Staking Rules.

We'd like to see a new thread because the posts in the old one were posted before the staking rules were introduced and also we have lots of new members that have joined since that would like to get involved maybe.

We'd would be delighted to have a new T.I.C. thread here at PSO. Please start a new thread in the staking section.

Cheers guys.

Raiser

PS. I'd even like to take a share

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 09, 2012, 03:37 PM
(#6)
In the past dozens of posts older than this have been dredged up, sometimes for no good reason. Therefore it is not policy to close old posts when they are brought up.

So why was this post closed? Is it prejudice against the Drunk Tank? Is it some animosity against the member who pulled it up? Or is it an over reaction?

I choose to not believe it was due to some vendatta so that leaves an over reaction. Since over reactions are by definition beyond reason they are emotional.

Good Decisions FTW!

Old
Sun Sep 09, 2012, 11:49 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi guys,

You'd all be very welcome to start a new T.I.C. thread in the staking section, spell out the details, share prices, horses etc.... anything as long as it conforms to the Staking Rules.

We'd like to see a new thread because the posts in the old one were posted before the staking rules were introduced and also we have lots of new members that have joined since that would like to get involved maybe.

We'd would be delighted to have a new T.I.C. thread here at PSO. Please start a new thread in the staking section.

Cheers guys.

Raiser

PS. I'd even like to take a share
Well, there's a few problems with that. First is that it would require a tremendous amount of work to make TIC conform to PSO staking rules. Second is that no one in TIC cares to make the effort. Too bad, really.

Old
Mon Sep 10, 2012, 02:18 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
TIC or not, I think that this opens for discussion the wisdom of having a "staking" section here in the first place...

I'm of the opinion that it wasn't a good idea and it's implementation was flat-out horrible.

When left to our own devices, the PSO community stuck together, helped each-other out, had fun, made money, and checked out the forum every day.

Since the new set of rules(for the entire forum) were put in place, there has been confusion, animosity, lack of fun, MASSIVE drop-off of valued members, MASSIVE drop-off of posts... Hell, even holdemace has pretty much stopped posting.

Add to that, the completely unnecessary re-design, which just about zero people seem to enjoy. And met with the response of "well, we're not gonna change it."

From a customer service standpoint, you guys are earning a giant FAIL.

This might come across as harsh, but this is criticism that's trying to point you in the right direction(at least from my view-point.)

I don't know if that survey you put up and pretty much tried to hide was tossing us a bone or what...

You call PSO a "Community." Well, let's make that true.

Old
Mon Sep 10, 2012, 09:12 AM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
The way I see the handling of this matter is that it's simply PSO's loss. Shame really....
But oh well

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Mon Sep 10, 2012, 10:15 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
***closed***

Thread closed.

For more information on the T.I.C. please PM 'effsea' or 'Sandtrap777'

Cheers guys,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com