Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Hey, u got AK

Old
Hey, u got AK - Mon Sep 10, 2012, 06:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
and your vs some one and you know hes pocketed with something, it turns out to be a 10/10, if you had known it was a 10/10 what would you do?

I just lost cause of calling

The guy started with 2-3x blind, i raise he re-raises/all in

PS: Offsuit AK

Old
Mon Sep 10, 2012, 07:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Just me:

I'm calling the initial raise, but I'll fold to the reraise. Reason, the hand is group two and worth a small raise. Small defined by my stake and the amount wagered. However, my numbers call ace-king a poor hand. My percentage of winning with this hand is below 500. No doubt this is more a reflection on my playing style than the statistical validity of my experience.

Old
Mon Sep 10, 2012, 07:19 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi imtehMang!

There are many things that go into this type of decision. Without this information, it is impossible to say whether or not it is the correct play. The stack sizes, player dynamics (how they are playing), where it is in the tourney, what type of tourney, etc... all of this is necessary information.

It may be correct, may be wrong, and without the other information... it depends.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 10, 2012, 07:23 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Sorry for the double post, but if calling his all-in means risking less than 20% of my stake, I'll call. Ace-King is worth it then.

Old
Mon Sep 10, 2012, 08:02 PM
(#5)
Never be sorry Cairn, you give good advice.

Old
Tue Sep 11, 2012, 12:46 PM
(#6)
Just do what 99% of every one else does with AK, just bet aggresively with it, go all in, and wait for your K or A to come.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com