Since: Oct 2011
http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...179_D47A83E53E

check this out!

Old
Wed Sep 12, 2012, 08:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi ads,

Personally I'd make the 3-bet preflop slightly larger; 4.5-5 times the initial raise is my standard when OOP with a raise, a call infront of me(even bigger if you have a read that they will call).

Also I would bet a little bigger on the flop, you are in a multiway pot OOP and have a really strong hand. With 2 opponents in the hand that called a 3-bet pre they reckon to have something that can call a decent sized bet, 60-70% pot is good here imo. Once he shoves I'm always calling you have the best hand possible on the flop, after that you're just unlucky. Nothing you can do, you got it in with amazing equity and he sucked out.

Best of luck

Oliver

Follow me on: Twitter

Last edited by Croyd93; Wed Sep 12, 2012 at 09:23 AM..

Old
Wed Sep 12, 2012, 09:39 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
Pre-flop is pretty standard, like Oliver said you may have been able to raise a bit more, but I like your raise.

The flop gives you the nuts and being the pre-flop raiser I think a standard cbet will be called by a lot of worse hands so that’s an easy bet, but I agree with Oliver here about it being bigger. With two other villains in the pot and a flush draw on the board I’m raise at least 3/4 pot, maybe even a full pot bet if they are likely to call. When you get re-raised all-in your jumping up and down hitting the call button as quickly as you can. The turn and river are not the cards you wanted to see, but you was by far the favourite when the money went in so don't doubt the call. It would have been a huge leak to fold to his all-in. This is just one of the many bad beats you will get, and to be honest you want to be playing villains that play like this. There the people who pay off are big hands

Better luck next time

Old
Thu Sep 13, 2012, 12:04 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi ads,

There's no question posted but as for the hand in general, I pretty much agree with the other responders. 3b a bit larger would be ok on this depth of money out of position, and definitely like c-betting closer to 2/3rds the pot on a wet board with 2 big cards on it, this is a nice action flop.

Obviously once someone jams the flop, the only real question is how many fist pumps to make before calling with top set. I think 3 is a fine number.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com