Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6max zoom: bb hit 2 pair, against turn raise

Old
2NL 6max zoom: bb hit 2 pair, against turn raise - Fri Sep 14, 2012, 02:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
Not posted hands in a few days so gonna look through and see if I can find some interesting/annoying spots, here is one:

What does he have here?

Limping preflop I'm really scared of K5 hands here, or even A4.

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 09:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Craig

He might have any one of a number of hands, from a set to a straight, to two pair. Let's review and remember the preflop action: our opponent limped UTG. This often represents a speculative hand such as a low pocket pair, a suited ace, or small cards in general.

First I think this decision is between calling and folding. I don't think there are enough hands from which to get value this way. However we might be able to draw out on a better hand, or check down on the river against worst hands that either raised the turn for value, or as a semi bluff with a flush draw, a straight draw, or a combination of both.

I wouldn't mind the call route actually, but this might be me in my ambitious fresh out of bed state. I think a) he can give up with bluffs/semi-bluff b) he can check down worse made hands c) we can sometimes draw out on the river by filling up. Between these three possibilities calling the turn to check-fold the river unimproved is potentially our best route.

Of course if it turns out that his range crushes ours, then you should fold the turn to this raise Not to be too repetitive but this is where reads can make all the difference in the world.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com