Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Team Full Ring results and comments thread

Old
Team Full Ring results and comments thread - Sat Sep 15, 2012, 04:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)

Hi all,

This is the official Team Full Ring results thread for the Full Ring vs. 6-max Team Challenge. Please post results, questions, etc here. If you have a hand you wish to post for some feedback, I'll ask you to do so in the Cash Games Hand Analysis Forum and I will offer analysis there, and encourage other Team Full Ring members to chime in as well.

I will ask you to send me your hand histories once a week, maybe Sunday after your weekend grind is a good time for that (so include this first weekend with next Sunday's send)... please combine them all to a single file when possible, so I'm not getting 50 tables worth of files emailed to me. If you are extracting from a stat tracker this will be easy, just filter for the stakes and date range, copy all hands to clipboard, and paste into notepad. If you are copying from your hard drive PS saved folder, maybe the easiest way is to select all and compress them into a .zip (or .rar) file... then send that.

Please post regular updates here, doesn't have to be daily (especially for days you don't play) but it would be nice if you can share results after a session, and use this thread to bounce ideas off your team mates, etc.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Otherwise, have at it!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Sat Sep 15, 2012 at 06:49 PM..

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 08:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Played two sessions today, a rather short one (<200 hands) and longer one (~400 hands). The short one went well (+$2.11) nothing spectacular.

Second session didn't start off that badly:

Calling here was probably a bit loose, especially with only 3 of the villain's hands seen previously, even though those looked pretty spewy. Worked out, still shouldn't try it again.

Then I had a brainfart (sort of):

I didn't read the villain as overly loose. Hadn't seen many hands, but still. When he reraised the river I felt pretty sure he had AK and had the impulse to pay him off to find out . In hindsight I should have checkfolded the river AK was pretty certain when he raised there, actually I am not that sure I should even have stayed that long: Calling off his 3bet and leading out on the flop seems ok - one could probably argue for folding to the 3bet. When he calls I should put him on AA,JJ,AK,AQ,AJ. With the King on the turn I really shouldn't bet into him, like I did, checkfolding seems like a better plan.

It didn't get much better afterwards:

Not sure if I should have raised the turn higher, I think it's high enough that he shouldn't call there with an open ended straight draw.

Overall -$2, but planning on a longer session for tomorrow.

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 09:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
if i keep getting donked like this im pulling out some idiot raised 8c preflop i had aces i re raised 22c he re raises to $1 i re raise all in $6 he calls the 6 dollar with 67o he nut straighted the turn what a joke then i get some one calling me all in with Q6 hearts for $7.45 pre flop after a raise and a re raise i had kings grrrrrr

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 09:57 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Garrns,

With that last hand the KJ, you usually have the best hand on the flop and 3 people showing interest on what is an action flop, go ahead and make big raise there, the .08c doesn't discourage anyone, doesn't price out straight draws, and leaves a lot of value on the table from those draws and Kx hands who's equity is in really bad shape vs. top 2. I'd say make this at least .20c and more is ok too.

@stedds, hang in there... it sounds like you were on the bad side of variance, and beats will happen in games with really fishy players, but I notice in both situations you were nicely deep stacked so things must have been going right before that.

It's only day 1 gang, hang in there, play when you're focused and in control and play your A game... it's a marathon not a sprint.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 11:25 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2012
Hi all:

Well...on the bright side I am up almost $11. The down side is that I am making a lot of mistakes. I really need to let those pocket AA and KK go sometimes...

So...because I love Led Zepelin...let me introduce you my "stairway to heaven" graph of the day..

Are you gonna keep a table in the OP Dave so we can peek at the team results quickly ?? That would be nice

Let see if I can get a more "proper" graph tomorrow... :S

GL all !!!

Last edited by rivsoft; Sat Sep 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 12:25 AM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivsoft View Post
Are you gonna keep a table in the OP Dave so we can peek at the team results quickly ?? That would be nice
No, but what I'll be doing is after you all send me your weekly data dump, I'll be preparing a summary report of our progress as a group. That will be posted here. I will also be conducting some team meetings during live training to review our results as a team, look at some interesting hands, and rally the troops so to speak. Of course as that's in live training all are welcome to attend, not just team Full Ring. I hope you guys can make those.

Dave

PS- Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd are my all time favorites.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Raiser's Day 1 - Sun Sep 16, 2012, 05:13 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Day 1

Raisers Report 15/09/12

-$1.68

Balance $78.32

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 06:13 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Hi guys

As in in New Zealand my days are a bit different fom most of yours so I have had 2 days of play;

day 1: 773 hands $4.43 profit
day 2: 1019 hands -$2.60 profit

total 1792 hands $1.83 profit

Not a great profit but as i was down $11 overall at one stage today im ok with it. Was getting so many suck outs on the river the computer was in danger of going out the window! But i sucked it up and kept playing sensebly and it finally balanced out again. So anyone else feeling p@#$ed off just remember, luck always balances out!!!

Keep your chins up and may the cards be with you all!!!
Go team FR!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 07:29 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi Guys

After the usual ups and downs my first session produced a profit of $3 40. not much but 2nl is hard work for me.

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 07:50 AM
(#10)
Hi I have run into a few sets with my top pair hands, which has dented the profit total considerably.

15/9/2012 Total hands played 2054 Bankroll $80.42

I have been playing Zoom which is new to me , so I am learning as I play.

I printed out the PSO starting hand chart for cash games and acording to the chart AQ is a fold in the first two positions, which suprised me is AQ profitable from early position?

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 10:49 AM
(#11)
anyone got a hands graph for positions and what to raise with and what not to raise with in posisitions as im not a cash player and im making alot of costly mistakes haha

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 11:25 AM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73REX73 View Post
I printed out the PSO starting hand chart for cash games and acording to the chart AQ is a fold in the first two positions, which suprised me is AQ profitable from early position?
Hmmm... I open AQ from UTG in full ring unless the table is super tough (then I get a table change lol). I fold AJ UTG unless the table is super soft (then I stay at that table )

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 11:36 AM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hmmm... I open AQ from UTG in full ring unless the table is super tough (then I get a table change lol). I fold AJ UTG unless the table is super soft (then I stay at that table )
Interesting! I looked at my database for full ring and found that opening AQ from EP in full ring is profitable for me over all (+3bb/100), but that I've lost money with it, due to the fact that it was not profitable at 400nl, 200nl, and 100nl (marginally so) but quite profitable at 50nl and 25nl. I would guess that's a product of what I've said above, at the higher stakes the games are tougher/players better in general and it makes AQ more marginal from EP. In games with lessor skilled opponents (who make more mistakes) it becomes profitable to play from out of position anyway.

Also, I think I play pretty well post flop and that factors into this being profitable vs. fishies. The less skilled or experienced you are, the less profitable all hands become in all positions, so it's probable that AQ should in fact be a fold from UTG in full ring for beginners and newer intermediate players.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 12:10 PM
(#14)
This is the article Stedds.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...lop-essentials

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 12:19 PM
(#15)
cheers

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 03:18 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Hey all.
I played 1171 hands and made a profit of $3,43. When am I supposed to send my hands to Dave?

Tom

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 03:30 PM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2012
Well...I was playing pretty ok afaik....profit was slow but positive....Manage to get as high as about $6....

Then at the end 3 freacking hands.... set of nines beated by a set of Qs, Jacks running to a set on a dry board against a passive player, and AJ agains AT that got lucky with a T on the river...

Ohh well....was sensing a Tilt coming up so finished the session....profit was up $1.31 for a total of about $12.27.

GL everyone !!

Will post my chart at the end of the day...still wanna try to get to $20 and see if I can move to 5NL...

Last edited by rivsoft; Sun Sep 16, 2012 at 03:44 PM..

Old
Raiser Report Day 2 - Sun Sep 16, 2012, 05:04 PM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Raisers Report Day 2 16/09/12

Hands Played 1413
Profit $0.53
Overall -$1.15
Balance $78.85

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 05:23 PM
(#19)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiciantom View Post
Hey all.
I played 1171 hands and made a profit of $3,43. When am I supposed to send my hands to Dave?

Tom
Hi Tom,

You'll be sending them to me weekly, the first send will be next Sunday.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 06:11 PM
(#20)
Hi

16/9/2012 I have played 3019 hands , bankroll = $82.95

Played a hand today where I had KK versus a short stack AQ, we got allin pre flop, flop came x77 turn 7 river 7, lost to the kicker.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com