Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Team 6-Max results and comments thread

Old
Team 6-Max results and comments thread - Sat Sep 15, 2012, 04:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)

Hi all,

This is the official Team 6-Max results thread for the Full Ring vs. 6-max Team Challenge. Please post updates to your grind, results and questions here. I will try to tune in as often as possible to give some answers and advice.

If you have a hand you wish to post for some feedback, I'll ask you to do so in the Cash Games Hand Analysis Forum and I will offer analysis there, and encourage other Team 6-Max members to chime in as well.

In case you would like to have me analyse some of your hands in one of the challenge trainings please post them here as a spoiler ("["spoiler"]" Hand History "["spoiler"]").

I will ask you to send me your hand histories once a week, best would be Sunday after your weekend grind is a good time for that (so include this first weekend with next Sunday's send)... please combine them all to a single file when possible, so I'm not getting 50 tables worth of files emailed to me. If you are extracting from a stat tracker this will be easy, just filter for the stakes and date range, copy all hands to clipboard, and paste into notepad. If you are copying from your hard drive PS saved folder, maybe the easiest way is to select all and compress them into a .zip (or .rar) file... then send that.

Please post regular updates here, doesn't have to be daily (especially for days you don't play) but it would be nice if you can share results after a session, and use this thread to bounce ideas off your team mates, etc.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Otherwise, have at it!

- Felix (who blatantly copy/pasted a lot of Dave's thread)

Live Trainer

Last edited by PSO-xflixx; Sat Sep 15, 2012 at 04:32 PM..

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey guys, m done with my session for today.
Played 3644 hands over 2-4 tables on ZOOM for a profit of $12.77.

Hope to grind the bankroll up to +$40 then will move up to 5NL.

GL all

Btw, tried to copy n paste the graph but it doesn't seem to be workin... lol

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
(#3)
(Live Trainer)
Nice start, wikked! Did you try "["img"]" image URL "["/img"]" (leaving out the "")?

Live Trainer

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 06:43 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Day 1 –

Date............. S Roll.... Hands.. Profit/Loss.. C Roll
15/09/2012..... $80........1280.....$+1.77......$81.77

Here are some of the biggest pots of the session -

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...118_05C3B269DB
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...127_0524870702
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...136_3EA42DE8C7
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...139_55DB0364DC
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...161_5A1AA24343
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...187_855D06B72B
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...237_3E872C5035
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...271_26F730E0E5

Got lucky a couple times but im due some luck didn’t really manage to get anything going in terms of profit, any feedback would be great thanks

GO TEAM 6 MAX

Last edited by adsthepro777; Sat Sep 15, 2012 at 06:46 PM..

Old
Day One results - Sat Sep 15, 2012, 07:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Just two short zoom sessions today. Struggling to get my confidence after an extended downswing recently, but at least I booked a small profit.

I feel I am being floated to death, specially on my steal raises. I'll try and dig out some examples for analysis over the next few days.

2080 hands: +$2.29

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 07:31 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
My update
I've also seen a few of you ....... folding ... LOL

I'm done with the 2NL for now
Had 3 sessions of an hour
Played Zoom 2NL, 4 tables

00:30 to 01:30
12:40 to 13:40
14:51 to 16:11

2,246 hands played
Won $20.31
BB/100 of 45.22

5NL here I come
Later

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Sun Sep 16, 2012 at 08:46 PM..

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Up $1.92 for the day ... lol. Profit's profit though, eh?

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 07:45 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
Nice start, wikked! Did you try "["img"]" image URL "["/img"]" (leaving out the "")?

hey Felix, r u talking about posting the graph image on the post?

if so, then the answer is no.. i din even try "img-ing" at all.

what i tried doing was stupid.. lol
i was copying the graph image directly n trying to paste it directly onto the post, unsuccessfully.. lolol

think sam has pointed me into the general direction which is to post the image onto a photo sharing site and then copy/paste the link into the post correct?

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 08:23 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2011
Finished for day one.
Don't have a tracker any more so no idea how many hands I played (I guess a lot!)
In profit this time.
Total
+$20.21

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 08:33 PM
(#10)
Since: May 2011
Well tilt, frustration and a few 1 table Zoom sessions.

809 hands
$0.17 profit

Saw some of you Zoom x4 out there.

Thinking of a hedge bet $10 insurance and play 10NL (off challenge) at the same time.

Good luck and great results guys and girls.

Old
Unhappy
dam guys - Sat Sep 15, 2012, 08:46 PM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2010
i thought id settle in and play a few hundred hands and some of you have played thousands already for nice profit way to go ive only played 313 hands 1.38$ profit bb/100 22.04 total 81.38 may the cards fall your way

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 09:32 PM
(#12)
Since: May 2011
That's funny I went to a regular table and played 31 hands and won 30c.

profit 47c

Remember the old days sit down at a table and get reads?
Worked out how to use the easy seat option for two non-Zoom 2NL tables.

profit now $2.27 over approximately 890 hands

Can't get an accurate hand count as the stats window is cumulative over as many sessions as the client has been open.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Sep 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: two non-Zoom tables

Old
Sat Sep 15, 2012, 11:41 PM
(#13)
Since: Apr 2011
I don't have a poker tracker to keep track of my winnings and hands...so just gonna do it manually lol

Starting BR: $80
Hands played at 2NL: 1000
End of session BR: $84.75

Profit: +$4.75

Good luck everyone!

GOOOOOO Team 6-Max!!

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 01:11 AM
(#14)
(Live Trainer)
@adsthepro: If you like you can post or send me the hand histories from those boom hands and I can use them for wednesday's team meeting?

Same applies for all of you of course. Please post or send me some of your biggest pots/most interesting hands for Wednesday.

And of course, keep crushing team 6-max!

Live Trainer

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 05:07 AM
(#15)
Since: Mar 2012
Hi all, just played some 2NL fast

Results:

Hands: 180
Profit: +$4.80
BR: $84.80

Would love to continue playing but had taken some medicine, feeling very drowsy and decided to stop after only 180 hands. Maybe I'll continue later.

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 10:38 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Everybody's doing so great!

Have had a super turbulent morning - it's pretty rare for me to play a lot of all-ins, and this morning there's been quite a few - some going my way, and some going the other person's way. The net result being ballpark with my typical win-rate. But the ups and downs I guess can be a bit taxing, so it's nice that this challenge is a whole month long, and so we all have the luxury to take it easy when we feel like it, eh?

So I'm clocking in early today ... day of rest and all May instead use today to finish those tricky monster versus monster pot odds - they're rare, but they do come up every once in a while, eh?

Anyways - my report for today: 1,714 hands, up another whopping $1.14 rotfl - profit's profit I guess

My stats for today - I guess I was kinda card dead too

GL Team 6-Max!!! Run good!!!

EDIT: Thought maybe I'd better add more detail to better explain my stats - had a 50% winrate with AA, and hands like this one:

Was thrilled to be able to get to the river for cheap - not sure why they stopped raising ... maybe they thought I'd keep raising? Although I was actually getting prepared to fold ...

Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Sep 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM..

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
Please post or send me some of your biggest pots/most interesting hands for Wednesday.

Most of my big hands aren't so interesting - either they're coolers (that went my way or the other person's way), or me just playing bad in a way most people wouldn't play including me if I had been more on the ball (lol!)

But there was this hand from yesterday ... except I sort of got the idea on how to proceed by watching your videos - so maybe it's too similar to something that's already been covered? At least I hope it was similar enough a situation - maybe it wasn't? :/

I left out the ending so people will have to go to class to see how it ends

PS Couldn't figure out how to get the replayer to pause when it came to me :/

Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Sep 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 12:36 PM
(#18)
Since: Aug 2011
Hey hey just a quick update, in a rush, not played too many hands.

Only up $0.77, had hands like KK and QQ with an A on the board and lots of aggression and they were 3bet pots so quite a few bb in there. And I had AA cracked by quad 8's, so not been running too hot, was down $3 but managed to claw it back, hopefully the next session will be better.

Trusty Sam I would actually fold to the turn raise, when that happens one pair hands usually aren't good anymore.

The 88 hand would be a fold for me after the shoves, I'm going to assume at least one of them has a flush, or like an open ended straight flush draw. We have outs of 1 8's, 3 4's and 3 9's, but if someone has them we have less outs. To be honest you might actually have as much as close to 30% equity in this pot at best, so it could be a slightly +ev call, but not too sure about that.

Anyways, next post will be tomorrow night I think, good luck at the tables everyone

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Hmmm ... you called down to the river with a pair on a super-wet board in that hand you posted in HA, so I'm not sure I believe that you'd fold AK to a min-raise

And that's what I thought made the set so interesting - and why we need to attend Felix' classes or watch his vids - I actually had 36% equity against a made flush ... but that's assuming I was up against an actual flush. In fact I was up against two, so I was in a lot better shape than the person with the non-nut - go figure.

Now Craig ruined the ending of my hand, so I guess it's up to him to offer up a different hand for Felix to include in Wednesday's class

PS As I like to say, profit's profit there eh? So nice goin' there Craig ... keep up the good work - go team 6max!!

Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Sep 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 01:10 PM
(#20)
(Live Trainer)
Hey Team,

for wednesday's trainng session I will need the original hand histories in text form, not via replayer or boom.

Please either post them here or send them to me by email/PM!

Good luck for your sunday grind all

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com