Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Question about odds calculator

Old
Question about odds calculator - Sun Sep 16, 2012, 10:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
When I choose the hand range of a player in odds calculator provided by PSO, it shows that the top 10 hands do not include AKo but KJs instead. But I've tried out several different scenarios and it seems that the equity of AKo in pre-flop stage dominates KJs in almost all situations. I would like to know why the top 10 hands include KJs but not AKo?

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 12:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi HaryTradr!

Where are you finding this? AKo is a better starting hand and has more equity preflop than KJs.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 12:28 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi John,

I find this fromhttp://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/Oddscalc
after choosing the "Range" tab by filling in numbers in the box near the bottom above the percentage. When I input 1, it shows AA and it seems that the cards are shown according to there strength.When I put in 10, it doesn't show AKo but KJs instead.

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 01:30 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi HaryTradr!

We'll pass that along for the appropriate people to look into.

From pokerstove, I get AKo at 65% vs a rnd hand while KJs is only 62.6%

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com