Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

What's the logic here?

Old
What's the logic here? - Sun Sep 16, 2012, 02:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Micro stakes cash games and tourneies. I see it quite often and don't see the logic of it. There will be 3, 4, 5 or more limpers and then a min raise by the big blind. Can anyone explain whats up with that?

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Actually its quite simple. Poor players make poor decisions.

Good decisions!

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 03:01 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I agree with TJ!

Also, the player that open-limps is making just as poor a decision.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 08:29 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Okay, I'm going to bite as the old hedgehog is now utterly confused.

Does this mean that a player must never check or simply call any hand? Are you telling us that the only correct call is to always raise, regardless of your cards if you intend playing that hand?

Maybe I'm too dense, but that seems to encourage the all-in on anything with a hint of hitting. If I'm reading you right, there is never a time when you should either check or call.

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 08:47 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Cairn!

Min-raising with a bunch of limpers will always give everyone the correct odds to draw at me, so I don't want to do that. The same for open-limping. If I'm going to be the first getting into a hand, I'm raising or folding.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 09:20 PM
(#6)
I'd venture to say that at least 80% of the time open limping is a mistake in big bet and 100% of the time in limit.

Old
Sun Sep 16, 2012, 10:53 PM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi Cairn!

Min-raising with a bunch of limpers will always give everyone the correct odds to draw at me, so I don't want to do that. The same for open-limping. If I'm going to be the first getting into a hand, I'm raising or folding.

John (JWK24)

I agree 100%. Maybe a few of them will see this and learn.

Old
Mon Sep 17, 2012, 12:46 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2007
Sometimes people who do not play poker online for money talk through an orifice I will not mention

Cheers,

TC

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com