Right fold in the long run? - Mon Sep 17, 2012, 12:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...771_33AFA14E8D

Old
Mon Sep 17, 2012, 01:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
In a vacume i'd have to say yes. We don't generally want to stack 91+ bigs off pre. With reads of opps being spewy that could change. But good fold in most cases i'd say.
I had a guy this morning that I was thrilled to stack off w/ AK though he was short (but I would have anyway) he flipped K6s lol but I had seen him stack off short (he bought in for 60 ea. Time) with paint rag three times already in the span of <20 minutes (twice to me) after the third one he types ok buzz,(part of my handle on another site) lets play... I almost fell outa my chair laughin.. I told him to friend me and i'd catch up with him later. (sadly I had to go to work)

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Last edited by mtnestegg; Mon Sep 17, 2012 at 01:57 PM..

Old
Tue Sep 18, 2012, 10:36 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
AK, i am never comfortable stacking it off, but i will when i have the reads and dependent on the stack sizes.

I think it was correct to fold, one BIG arguement for me to fold there, is that im NOT CLOSING THE ACTION, the btn could easily be trapping with AA.

Old
Tue Sep 18, 2012, 08:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
I will just say that I would never fold here.

First thing is that the pot going all-in three ways is actually more advantageous to us than not. A better way of saying this might be it is to our advantage more often than it is to our disadvantage, given our specific hand.

Secondly, if we were not expecting to be able to call with this exact action, then making it 25 in the first place was an error. Since it was not an error then it must be a call . That's a bit of fuzzy logic, but it happens to be true. A further reason I am comfortable is the initial raiser's stack size. When his stack size is less than a full buy-in I am going to assume he is a less experienced player and therefore has a not so defined range to move all-in, certainly not defined enough for me to press the fold button.

One key moving forward in spots like this is to make sure that you hit a king or preferably an ace, when the board runs out . That's a free pro tip!

Old
Tue Sep 18, 2012, 09:54 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethC23 View Post
One key moving forward in spots like this is to make sure that you hit a king or preferably an ace, when the board runs out . That's a free pro tip!
It's an easy game.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com