Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

My first questions

Old
Red face
My first questions - Tue Sep 18, 2012, 04:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Hello guys!

I am new to poker and I really appreciate that you built this community here. All these lessons and videos and more important it is for free

I have two questions for you. I participate at poker school open skill league and I noticed that many people are SITTING OUT. They play one hand and they sit out. And they do that over and over and over... Why would they do that? Is this a surviving strategy or something else?

Well my second question is about poker school lectures. There are links like this one simple mathematics which is sending me to another site which requires username and password. When I enter my poker school user and pass they does not work? So the question is how to enter this site in order to read the information there ?

Thanks in advice guys!

Last edited by royalraise85; Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: fixed link for member

Old
Tue Sep 18, 2012, 05:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi pledgeshield,

Welcome to the Forum!

Q1. In the League games it is quite common to see participants getting the most value out of the time clock as possible. This is because of the nature of the scoring system and players that do this are thinking of the bigger picture at the end of the Month. This is especially true of players that only want to play the Open League to qualify for next Month's premier league. This being said no one has ever made any large amounts of money doing this, they might pick up $1.50 but that's about it. The top prize for the OPen League is a cool $1500 each Month ($5000 for the Premier League) and no-one has ever won this without a huge degree of skill, determination and a little luck, but certainly not by sitting out.

Q2. These links are broken links that are a result of the new site redesign the school has recently had. Please PM me with any of these links that you find and I'll get them fixed for you. HERE is the article you were looking for, I'll PM you with it too!

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 05:12 AM..

Old
Tue Sep 18, 2012, 05:57 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2012
Hi Raiser,

Thanks for the fast response and detailed explanations! First I want to thank you about the links you sent me before. I really appreciate that. I shall go through all lectures and check for broken links, then I will PM them to you in order to be fixed.

Cheers,
pledgeshield

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com