Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL Bottom set all in coordinated board +EV?

Old
10NL Bottom set all in coordinated board +EV? - Wed Sep 19, 2012, 08:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

Villain 5: 117 hands, 25/16, AF: 1.2

I wasn't really affected by the results but more about the turn decision. On the spot, I couldn't think thus I raised him lol. But there could be several combos which would have beat me preflop- TT, 88, 77, J9, 96. Might have slow played on the flop?

On the turn, although I turned bottom set, faced with a 2.5x raise from a passive villain, should I have folded? Or would you have taken the other option of going all in with him since he's short stacked?

Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Thu Sep 20, 2012 at 02:30 AM..

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 04:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Interesting spot Awesome.

It might be prudent for future hand histories to remove the results from the replayer, so that we can't see what the opponent turned up with and how that might affect comments or perspective.

It certainly does seem like, when he raises the turn, we have to be beat, and that because of all the possible sets, we might be drawing very thin.

In understanding his range it is important to note that I don't think he ever has any flush draws. So he is either overvaluing a two pair hand, bluffing, or has us beat.

Since that's true, and the chances he is raising two pair or bluffing are quite unlikely for a player like this, I guess it is a fold. A strange situation against someone who is like you said a shorter stack, so that our requirements for getting all-in are lower than they would otherwise be.

Tough spot with a turned set for certain

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 02:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Oks thanks. Will cover the results in the future!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com