Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Challenge and Goals for september 20 2012 to January 01 2013

Old
Challenge and Goals for september 20 2012 to January 01 2013 - Wed Sep 19, 2012, 08:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Whats up every one as some of you may know I have had BIG issues in the past with bankroll management.

So I decided to write down my goals and create a challenge just for me.

The reason I'm doing this is because I have lost a ton of money playing poker in the past year or so and want to make a change for the better.

Someone told me I need to write this stuff down so I don't mess up. So here I go.

My First Goal

Since I have no cash and can't afford to deposit and used up all my resources for poker cash I'm gunna have to do this the hard way.

I am gunna have to build up some money playing free rolls.

So here is my first goal/challenge. Build up a bankroll from $0-25 before December 2012. DO NOT DEPOSIT.

Right now I have 12fpps, pso open league tickets, 100k depositors tickets, 1 ticket to the main event Poker Stars Radio Depositors Freeroll, and zero balance in my Poker Stars account.

What I'm gunna do is play those 2fpp rebuy sattelites to the Saturday Splash and hope for the best 12fpps isnt much but its worth a try.

I'm gunna play some astronomers freerolls and try to get tickets into the weekly round two and play those.

Gunna play the 100k depositors freerolls and pray to final table one.

And then incase you guys dont know there is a freeroll to the WCOOP Main Event. You just have to listen to Poker Stars Radio to get the depositors code so if you want a ticket you need to deposit and type in the code. Its a turbo winner take all tourny so I'm gunna need a ton of luck to win that.

Hopefully with all this freerolling I can make enough dough to have 100 buy ins to .25c games.

Goal Number 2

Having issues in the past with bankroll management I decided I should set another important goal.

My second goal is this. Do not touch bankroll until I have 100 buy-ins.

This goal is to help practice self control. So when I do have a big bankroll I will be able to control myself and stop jumping in stakes I shouldnt be playing in.

Why 100 buy ins? Because I don't ever want to bust again and I think 100 buy-ins is ALOT of cushion for run bad and tilt.

Goal Number 3

Well lately when I have been playing I have been letting my emotions get the best of me. It costs me lots of money of money also.

So for my third goal in poker I am going to try my best to control my emotions at the table.

Like if someone beats me by a lucky donk river river suck out with five two off suited. I'm just gunna let it go and laugh it off to calm me down.

Goal Number 4

My fourth goal is to try to spot where I'm making mistakes and correct them in the future.

I'm gunna do this by talking to people who can help me improve and going over hand histories and stuff.

Goal Number 5

Keep this post updated.

Im gunna try to keep this post updated on my challenge and how I am doing following my goals for anyone who is interested.

Ok so thats it for now thanks for reading this.

Last edited by pokerstar671; Wed Sep 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM..

Old
Wed Sep 19, 2012, 09:49 PM
(#2)
Heres an update while I was making this post I registered for the 2fpp rebuy to saturday splash I used 4 fpps of the 12 I had and managed to win 2.22 tournament dollars. So Im one step closer to my goal.

I also played the 5fpp rebuy to the sunday storm but that didnt go well.

I have 3 fpps left and I think im going to register for the sunday storm hyper turbo sattelite for 1fpp. Need lots of luck.

Also having this 2.22 in my account is tempting but Im gotta stick to my goal and not use it.

Last edited by pokerstar671; Wed Sep 19, 2012 at 09:56 PM..

Old
Wed Sep 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2012
Keep up the good work buddy. We will help u from going broke. Keep that BR good and tight. Dont play with luck. play with skill and think your way through the game.. ask your self...why did I 3 Bet? why am I raiseing...why am i folding.....keep that up and u will be doing good before u know it

Old
Wed Sep 19, 2012, 10:59 PM
(#4)
Ok dude I will keep those things in mind each time I am about to play. Thanks

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 01:06 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Hey gl pokerstar!! Looks like you're on your way there with that nice cash!!

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 05:34 AM
(#6)
Thanks sam .it still might take a while since freerolls dont run all the time. but with some luck and solid play i may reach my goal sooner then expected.

Since freerolls arent running all the time im able to use up more time learning the game better.

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 07:15 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
Good luck bro!

Its definitely possible

BTW loving the avatar, i recently stumbled across that weird video

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 07:16 AM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi pokerstar671,

You have the potential to be a huge force at the HUNL-FL and HUSNG tables, I've seen it in you as well many others that we are frequently associating with have seen it in you!

Improvise, adapt and overcome!

You have my support 110% on this goal, this is truly going to be a great right of passage for you and many things will come!

Good luck my friend!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 08:39 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2011
Hi m8,

gl on the grind

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 03:08 PM
(#10)
@cannon Thanks bro for your support man. And thanks for pressuring me to write down my goals.

@chilipops Thanks man. Also good luck in your team challenge/goals also.

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 03:56 PM
(#11)
behappy thanks man

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 09:39 PM
(#12)
Well so far guys no luck in the freerolling and I think I'm just playing bad not taking the freeroll games so seriouse.

I also started playing in these bankroll mob freerolls and signed up to qualify for the leaderboard. I like these because they are turbo and have cash prizes.

I noticed I am playing alot looser then I usually do in the nl freerolls so I think next time I play im gunna tighten up and pay more attention to whos shoving junk and stuff like that.

Oh I played a couple open league games and that didnt go so well either. I think its to late this month to qualify for the leaderboard but next month I'll start trying to play these more.

Oh well thats it for now if anything exciting happens ill let you guys know.

Old
Fri Sep 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
(#13)
Bankroll update! I cashed in a freeroll today for $1.81. Finally a small bump in my bankroll. Placed 04/3547

I want to post the hand I busted with so I can get some advice.. Ill do that in a minute tho

anyways my current bankroll $4.03... oh so tempting to gamble it up right now but gotta stick to those goals right?

Last edited by pokerstar671; Fri Sep 21, 2012 at 09:17 AM..

Old
Fri Sep 21, 2012, 08:15 AM
(#14)
Ok I'm going to post a couple hands from the last tournament I played just wondering what you guys think...

This was my last hand and the reason I went all in is because were short handed Im short stacked and the guy who opened was raising alot of hands I can beat. The guy who called tho I wasnt sure if he was on a weak ace or something like 10j or a small pair but I think if he was I could have got him to fold it just sucks he happened to have AJ suited.

This hand I just played so bad I think this might have cost me the tournament.

This is an interesting hand from earlier in the tournament. I flopped really nice here.

Ok just wondering what everyone thinks about those hands...

Anyways theres a weekly round two tomorrow so tonight I'm going to try to score a ticket in an astronomer freeroll.

Going to try to play as many as I can and try my best..
GL GL

Last edited by pokerstar671; Fri Sep 21, 2012 at 08:22 AM..

Old
Fri Sep 21, 2012, 09:53 PM
(#15)
Bankroll update!

Today was a good day a friend of mine let me run 2 $11 mtts for him. I cashed in one and placed 21/1483 for a cash of $57.83

With my cut of that added to my 4 bankroll I'm now at $27.00 goal/challenge complete!

Now that I have this $27 bankroll I take some time to play .25c games and below....

I will keep this post updated so I keep myself on track.

Last edited by pokerstar671; Fri Sep 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM..

Old
Fri Sep 21, 2012, 10:28 PM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2011
Congrats keep up the good work

Old
Fri Sep 21, 2012, 11:55 PM
(#17)
Thanks man I will try my best

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 12:58 AM
(#18)
Since: Dec 2011
GL

Weasel

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 01:06 AM
(#19)
Thanks really liking the positive support from you all

Last edited by pokerstar671; Sat Sep 22, 2012 at 01:10 AM..

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 06:51 PM
(#20)
Had a bad day yesterday at the tables I played some .10c turbos some .25c games and some freerolls.

Still working on controlling my emotions at the table. Getting better but I still get frustrated sometimes.

I think I just have to remember that alot of shht can happen in poker and its part of the game.

On the plus side I'm doing good at playing within my bankroll,

Anyways today I have decided just to play 90max .25c games and freerolls and if I see any non rebuy sattelites under .25c play those and the .25c 100$ added tournament.

Cant wait to play in Poker Stars Radio Depositors Freeroll to the WCOOP Main Event tomorrow. I need lots of luck for that one...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com