Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.55c NL Bubble burst...I'm bricking it to be honest!! (that means very worried!)

Old
0.55c NL Bubble burst...I'm bricking it to be honest!! (that means very worried!) - Thu Sep 20, 2012, 09:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Sorry for giving you so many hands in one day!

I'll try to be good, honest!

Last edited by WeaselBasher; Thu Sep 20, 2012 at 09:44 AM..

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 11:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi WeaselBasher!

With the bubble bursting, that means that we're ITM and can now try to accumulate chips for a deep run, to try to get to the final table.

With 66 here, there are really three ways that I can play this preflop. I do have 15BB, so with someone already limping, I can limp behind to setmine OR I can make a std preflop raise to try to lessen the field and hopefully get the button to drop so that I can play the rest of the hand in position (planning to shove almost every flop) OR just open-shove since I'm at 15BB. If I was to std raise, for this blind level my std raise is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper, so I'd raise to 2800. I start with 3BB, then drop to 2.5BB at 100/200 blinds, then drop it again to 2.2BB at 1k/2k.

Either way (setmining or std raising pre), if the flop is checked to me, I'm going to make a value bet on the flop. Especially with the opp calling a preflop raise, this board most likely misses them... so I should have the best hand. I would make my std 1/2 pot value bet here, but due to the preflop raise, this bet is over 1/3 my remaining stack, which makes me pot-committed. Due to this, I'm shoving the flop here.

In this situation, unless the opp is a calling station, I'm most likely going to limp behind to setmine preflop. This way I won't be pot-committed and can get off the hand if I get a scary flop. If the opp is a calling station, I'm much more likely to just shove pre to try and isolate the station that limped. I wouldn't normally make a std raise, as I'd be committed to shoving about any flop and if a broadway card hits the flop (which it almost always will)... then I might not be shoving with the best hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 20, 2012, 01:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
ooo...that makes such good sense!

A Big Thank You !

Weasel

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com