Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Bankroll Co-op.

Old
Talking
Bankroll Co-op. - Fri Sep 21, 2012, 08:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
Hi everyone

Welcome to the

Bankroll Co-op(Homepage.)

We started in September 2012 with the intention of allowing members

playing at the micro level a chance to step up to play some of the higher buy ins

available on

PokerStars.

How we work:

At the moment we are offering 2 (minimum) tickets into a Sunday Million or same buy in satellite. (we also alter the targeted satellites for newer events - the cost of the satellite is shared by the group with winning players from a weekly qualifier taking the tickets)

How does it sound so far ???

We are also playing on a daily basis Satellites into the Sunday million to build

the groups bankroll/improve our games and build our friendships. We don't just

have active players but also active investors who stake

players and in turn help them with the development of their games.

we chat amongest ourselves about hands we have seen or played in etc in

our "open all hours" chat group on Skype with members from all around the

world, all willing to offer any advice on just about any of the games on offer.

The co-op nature of the group is that the winner of whichever ticket would keep

50% of the winnings from the targeted event with the other percent's being

split between 40% to the other investors and 10% back to the group to build

and use for further satellites or even buy into tourneys where again

the winnings are shared the as mentioned.

Could you all read this and please tell us what you think ??

If you like the idea and would like to find out more and even join in please

contact anyone you can see on our pages either by private message

or just search any of us directly on Skype

If there any parts that need looking into I would like to hear about those too.

Thanks for reading !

Chillipops.

also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/474185435935649/

Last edited by chillipops; Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: updated page to include background

Old
Fri Sep 21, 2012, 09:45 AM
(#2)
It sounds interesting, but who is going to be playing the tournaments?
Or do monies get put together and everyone play tournies and winnings get split?

Old
Fri Sep 21, 2012, 05:38 PM
(#3)
Hi,

We will either run a home game or see what suggestions are put forward.

Old
Fri Sep 21, 2012, 05:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
I think the home game way of doing it is the best. Also by having a home game club it lets everyone see who's in the group and stuff.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 21, 2012, 08:35 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Chillipops, if you really need some advice on this ? I suggest you have a word with 'Cowboy' 19honu62 , He ran something similar to this last year.

Old
Fri Sep 21, 2012, 11:24 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi chillipops.
I've been thinking about this but.... how is the splitting of the profits going to work, are we going to use a netteler account or something? Or is there a way to do it automatically in pokerstars? I just didnt get how the hole thing works(I'm usually a little slow).

But i think I like the idea anyway.

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 06:47 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2012
hey chillipops and thanks for sending the link am a bit like labs am not usually a bit slow am always a bit slow(LOL!)like the rest i would do it just how is it all going to work who is going to run this home games would be good .

Old
Bankroll Co-op 2012 - Sat Sep 22, 2012, 08:51 AM
(#8)
Hi all,

The idea is just at the starting gate and I think its good on the broad scale (A few details need to be ironed out and they will be!)

Thanks Bill I will send Chris a message post haste

The funding side of things should be pretty simple and if anyone has any particular problem you should foresee please raise it.

Old
hi - Sat Sep 22, 2012, 11:50 AM
(#9)
Since: Mar 2012
Hi labs22 ,

If this idea goes ahead, then we dont need netteller ac for money transfer. It will happen only in pokerstar money transfer. The similar way like it happens when you play .50c last longer challange. Whoever loose the challange trasfers $1 to the ultimate winner of the challange....

So the transfer of the money will be only through pokerstars...and it is possible as allways..

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 12:16 PM
(#10)
Id be interested depending how much gets put in originally and if i have the bankroll to be good with that.
Also think the home game is a great idea, so I'd be interested.

Old
bankroll co-op - Sun Sep 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
(#11)
Hi craig121212 ,

I also think same way about the home games. The winner of the group choosen by home games is the best idea in the biginning. ´Then ´the best one who will beat us all in the home games can be the choosen one to play those satellites for the big tournies...

And the starting capital i think for each player in the group will be $ 1 each.....of course any increase in the contribution towards the bank roll of the group in the future will be decided by all the members of the group collectively....

Old
Co op group - Sun Sep 23, 2012, 08:17 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2012
I dont know if you can all pay a set amount for the week a lump sum payment then the winner leaderboard winner wins the maib sat 2nd smaller sat and so on and so on so we could end up with one in the sunday million one in the $55 then 1 in the storm that could be a idea it depends on how many and how much or a 1 off tourney with same prize scale but it would be alot for 1 tourney if 1 of us won big in the satellite a small percentage could come back to the group i think that would be awesome every one would want each other to suceed and give support and form a good friendly team of players. What are the suggestions at the moment....

Old
Co op group - Sun Sep 23, 2012, 08:23 PM
(#13)
We could have different groups for different satellites if some people are restricted in funds until we find out how many and how much some are willing to pay its hard to imagine but i think after a while most of us will of won the satellite after a while so it will be a great idea ...

Old
bankroll Co-op - Mon Sep 24, 2012, 12:46 PM
(#14)
Hi Glen,

That is the main idea behind this.. we will put a small amount each, then decides a winner for the group and then he will play the sats. Of course we will win some big sats sometimes and be able to fulfill our dream of playing in the big buyins tournies, which is otherwise out of reach of many players cos of its big buyins.

So by putting small amount , we will be able to sats through . and may be hit that big one sometime....and then the prize gets destributed according like the winner takes 35 to 40%, 10%remains with the group again for their bankroll and rest 50% shared by all group members....so it is a win win for all of us who will be in the group...all of the grp members will be supporting the winner in his quest for glory....and also by playing the home game for the group , all will have the equal chance to win it and get the chance play in the bigger buyins...

of course we can see after some time which player of our group better in which games....

it is all about honesty and trust between all of our players when they win the big $$ in the targeted tournies which i think one day they will , he should honour the agreement of sharing it with the group...it will encourage all of our group members to play and win big for the team and most of all for himself...

Last edited by devprasad60; Mon Sep 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: something left out

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 02:23 PM
(#15)
Hi all,

I think this is going to be good guys, I did send 19honu62 a message about the idea, I have set up a home game and i'll post details here as and when we need them, Dev and I have chatted quite a bit on this topic and he has picked out some structured routes using the satellites into the "Sunday Major's" and some others and I think they could be the obvious route with the boosted prizes available on a Sunday.

We did want this up and running before the end of the WCOOP but alas we have just missed that opportunity but just a hiccup.

Now we need to put it down what we like and don't like or air any fears we may have?

Nice one guys.

Chillipops.

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 04:38 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
def. a good idea. im in!

Old
Bankroll Co-op - Tue Sep 25, 2012, 01:17 PM
(#17)
Hello all,

This is a sample list of tourney satellites we might target as a group.. I am giving a probable list and it will be confirm once all members agree to it...and of course any suggestion to change or modify it will be appreciated as well...

This list is on probability of 9 members in the group with contribution of $1 each which is =$9

So the lists are as follows:- BR= $9 ---all are sats to big buyins

1. sunday storm sats(300k gtd): 1.65x9 ($9-1.65=7.35)

2.sunday million(1mill$gtd) : 2.20 shtoutx3 (7.35-2.20=5.15)

3.bigger $11 (120kgtd) : 1.10 sats freezeout(5.15-1.10=4.05)

4.bigger sunday $22(100k gtd): 2.20 freezout(4.05-2.20=1.85)

5.the hotter $11(50k gtd): 1.10 freezout (1.85-1.10=0.75)

6. The bigger $5.50(40k gtd):0.55 freezeout(0.75-0.55=0.20c)
__________________________________________________ __________

So total is $9- $8.80= .20cents left which will add to the group Bank roll

so the above list is the probable satellites list of the group...please feel free to tell us what you all think about it? any thing which ll make it better will be deeply appreciated...

The above list is on the probable of 9 players in the group. . if we have less or more then the quantity of sats will be changed accordingly....

Last edited by devprasad60; Tue Sep 25, 2012 at 01:20 PM..

Old
Bankroll Co-op - Tue Sep 25, 2012, 03:31 PM
(#18)
Hello all,

To make it the above tourny list more simple , i have modified a bit... so that it is easy to understand which tournie sats we will be playing....

This list is on the basis if we have say 9 players in the group to play for the sats..So the BankRoll will be 1x9= $9 ---all are satellites

1. sunday storm sats(300k gtd): 1.65x9 (1 table sat)

2.sunday million : 2.20 (shootouts x3)

3.bigger $11 (120kgtd) : 1.10 sats freezeout(no rebuy/add ons)

4.bigger sunday $22(100k gtd): 2.20 freezout (No rb/addons)

5.the hotter $11(50k gtd): 1.10 freezout (No Rebuy/add ons)

6. The bigger $5.50(40k gtd):0.55 freezeout(No Rebuy/ add ons)

So total bankroll for the grp is $9 (if 9 members will play)

and the above all sats tournies are included under that BR.
__________________________________________________ ___________

The above list is on the probable of 9 players in the group. . if we have less or more then the quantity of satellites will be changed accordingly....

Old
Bankroll Co-op - Tue Sep 25, 2012, 03:44 PM
(#19)
Now the question arises that who will play all those 6 sats ?

Is it possible for the home group winner to play all 6 satellites alone?

The answar is no, it is not possible to play all 6 sats alone for the group. And also the group winner should not feel the pressure in playing all the tournies by himself.

So the best solution to it , what i think is : say we have 9 players in the group for the home game to decide the winner. Then out of those 9 who will play in the home game, the first 4 ranking players will be qualified to play the above 6 sats tournies in the ranking wise.

For exmp: Group winner will be playing 2 big tournies sats like the big 11 or sunday storm and sunday million sats.

Then the 2nd in the ranking of home games will play sats no 3 and 4..

And then the 3rd rank will play sats no 5

in the end the 4th rank player will play sas no 6 ..

So this will encourage all players in the group to play their best to win the home game. and also the best player will get the chance to play bigger tournies..

And we all will learn to improve ourselves and all members of the group will feel attached to the group..

As we will mainly concentrate on sunday tournies only, we can analyse each others positives and negatives on monday ...

Please let us know what do you think about it?

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 03:51 PM
(#20)
I think the $2.20 storm satellites are better you get big fields and from my experience i have 60 to 70% success in these i use these to bankroll at the moment and also there is a $11 sat into the sunday million with 100 seats guaranteed but they have $2 sat into these or a 50c rebuy which i was having good success with these but they could cost 3 t 4 $ overall these are just some i have good experiences of so i am sure the other memebers would have great success at these sats the 3x shootout can be over in seconds but are great fun...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com