Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

NZbro's bankroll builder

Old
NZbro's bankroll builder - Sat Sep 22, 2012, 03:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Hi, im relitively new to pokerstars. I won the open skill league tournament a couple of months ago (late august). That got me $5 which i lost almost instantly. I won another private freeroll for $3 which ive turned into about $7.40 in 6-max tables. I would like to think that im a decent player although i know that i could do with a little bit of help in how to play certain hands. This promotion is what ive been wairing for! Am i eligible for the bankroll builder promotion?
Thanks, NZbro286

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 03:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi Bro Welcome

It sounds to me like you will be eligible-as long as you have not made a deposit, and you haven't taken any quizzes. But wait for Admin who will be along soon to say hi etc. and show you around!

GL at the tables Bro If you do qualify, let us know how you get along with it, maybe start a thread on it?

Weasel

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 09:12 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZbro286 View Post
Am i eligible for the bankroll builder promotion? Thanks, NZbro286
Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM..

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 06:51 PM
(#4)
I usually use the mobile version of pokerstars (which is awesome). Unfortunately it doesnt have the handreplayer option. Ill try to play some more hands on the computer and ill try to figure out how to post them here. Ill reply with that soon hopefully.

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 10:13 PM
(#5)
[URL="http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/718136_2B318A30B8"]http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/718136_2B318A30B8[/URL

Im not sure how to directly upload my hand to this thread but I put it on Boom and that's the link. I watched a replay of a live training session by TheLangolier(2NL full-ring game) on pokerstars.tv

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 10:26 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi NZbro286,

This is good but we really want you to get the best learning experience with this promotion.

Let's get started by playing some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. These live sessions are run daily and can be found by selecting the 'Live Training' tab at the top of this page.

Once you've completed both these steps we'll move you onto the next stage and get you your first $2 to get you started.

Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 by completing all the steps along the way.

Post back when you've done the above and we'll continue from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 10:30 PM
(#7)
here is hand replay hopefully.

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 05:21 AM
(#8)
I just watched the 'Getting Started' video with Ahar010.
Am i eligible for the first $2 bonus?

NZbro286

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 05:25 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi NZbro286,

Great! Now that you've learned how to use the hand replayer and attended the 'Getting Started' class it's time to earn your first $2.

You can earn this by studying the Poker Basics course and passing the Basic Assessment quiz.

Take your time studying this course as it will make it easier to pass the quiz. Once you have passed it your $2 will be credited to your account within 24 hours of passing it.

Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Please post back here when you get your first $2 and we'll continue from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 05:46 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi NZ,

Let me know when you've passed that quiz.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 01:58 PM
(#11)
I passed the quiz and have now recieved the first $2 where do i go from now?

NZbro286

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 02:19 PM
(#12)
Don't spend any of it, or breathe, til the Gods tell you

GL Bro

Weasel

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 02:45 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I passed the quiz and have now recieved the first $2 where do i go from now?
NZbro286
Great, you got your first $2 from the promotion.

Please attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions and ask plenty of questions such as 'what should be the correct bet size to enter the pot? what are good starting hands etc.

Think about these 3 basic's before deciding if you should enter a pot.

1. My position at the table?
2. Is my starting hand good enough?
3. If I do decide to play this hand what should my bet size be?

If you've any doubts about these make sure you ask the live trainer questions in the 'Bet Sizing' class.

Let me know when you've attended the 'Bet Sizing' session and we'll move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 12:38 AM
(#14)
I attending the live bet sizing class with ahar010.

NZbro

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 04:33 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I attending the live bet sizing class with ahar010.
NZbro
Perfect,

You've now got your first $2 and should have a good understanding of the basics.

Use your first $2 to play some 1/2 cent real money games on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins at the moment.

Find some hands that caused you problems or left you in a tricky spot and post them here for review.

Once you've done this we can continue on, great job so far!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 04:47 AM
(#16)
check out this sick hand!

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 04:59 AM
(#17)
Hey Bro....that was a nail-biter, great video and blog mate.

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 05:10 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi NZbro286,

Playing low pocket pairs in early position can often lead to trouble when your opponents pair some overcards on the board.

In this case you flopped a strong hand and your opponents were weak enough to get it all-in with weak holdings.

Good news is that this gives you some more $$$ to play with. Keep sticking with what you've learned about Starting Hands, Position at the Table, and Bet Sizing.

What we need you to do now is to post a hand that you've had trouble with, one that cost you money so we can analyse it for you.

Keep up the good work.
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 05:59 AM
(#19)
I think im a little guilty of raising too light. I was a little tilted at that time as i had lost around 50c in about 5 mins so i wanted to get it back with a big pot. Hitting sets is generally good for large pots. Thats why i opened with 33. I'll try to work on being a little bit tighter in my play. Thats probably why i was down a little bit in my session.
Thanks for you feedback
Ill try to post a hand or two 2morrow if i get an interesting hand or one where i lose quite a bit.

Thanks, NZbro286

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 03:54 AM
(#20)
This is about the worst I have played a hand.. in a long time. I got myself in the worst situation possible but luckily i got out of it! Can you please give me some feedback on the hand.
Beware... I play this hand so badly you might want to look away from your screen right about now!

Thanks, NZbro286

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com