Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

ciora42 bankroll builder

Old
ciora42 bankroll builder - Sat Sep 22, 2012, 11:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hi i completed the "Poker Basics" Quiz and i want to know which is the next step.I mention im a new PokerStars memeber and i didnt make any deposit.

Old
Sat Sep 22, 2012, 01:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi ciora42!

We will advise you on what the next step for you will be within the next 24 hrs.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 05:40 AM
(#3)
Here is a hand played by me where i was a lucky but i think i made a mistake at the end of the hand ,i colud earn more money...

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 05:46 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
Nice..well played

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 05:49 AM
(#5)
THX!..but i thin i could get more cash...i think the last rais was to big

Old
Raise size - Sun Sep 23, 2012, 08:00 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2010
In my opinion the raise size was to small if you put in a half pot at least you may get paid by top pair almost definitely by two pair. He obviously did not have a strong hand or he would of payed off that small bet, when you get to the river I would always look to make your bets larger as long as you are reasonably sure you have the best hand. If you made it three quarters if you only get paid off one in three it still equals your bet with the potential to be paid off more than 1 in 3. It will be villain dependent but if in doubt go bigger not smaller.
As I said this is only my opinion others may differ but I hope this helps.

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 09:42 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ciora42!

With 46s from late position, I would limp behind and see the flop too.

I flop bottom pair into a 6-way hand. When it's folded to me, I would bet the flop here for three reasons. To get value from my pair (the rest checked, which says they missed the flop), to thin the field some (hopefully some of the others with overcards will drop and won't be able to outdraw me) and also to try and get the lead in the hand.
The button bets 100 and when it gets back to me, I have to call 100 into a pot that will be 570 (17.5% pot equity). At this point, from pokerstove, my hand equity is 23%. Since the hand equity is higher than the pot equity, I will call.

The turn gives me trip 4's. It's checked around to me and here I absolutely will make a value bet every time. With four opps in the hand, I need to make sure that since there are two clubs out there, that I price out as many opps as I can from drawing to it. If they all stay, I can't price them all out (the danger of being in a multiway limped pot), but I can price three of them out with a pot sized bet.... so I'll bet 570. I may fold some of them out (which I really want) but I should get value from anyone with a K or possibly a straight or flush draw.
I wouldn't check/raise here, as I don't want to take a chance that the button could check behind and get a free card for everyone to outdraw me. If someone did bet, then my raise would be between 3X their bet and a pot-sized raise. With 4 opps, I'd tend to go for the higher number of the two.

The river is a blank and once again, when it is checked to me, I will make another value bet. This time I'll size it between 1/3 and 1/2 pot... whatever I think the opp will call.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 10:28 AM
(#8)
THx guys for reply ! but now i want to know which is the next step to get the 2$ bonus i posted a hand played i watched the 'Getting Started' video now cand i have the bonus?

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 10:42 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciora42 View Post
THx guys for reply ! but now i want to know which is the next step to get the 2$ bonus i posted a hand played i watched the 'Getting Started' video now cand i have the bonus?
Hi ciora42,

Just need to check, what date did you attend the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training session?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 11:42 AM
(#10)
I was register at WCOOP Event 63 from Live Training

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 11:53 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi ciora42,

I've sent you a PM.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com