Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Old
New Member - Sun Sep 23, 2012, 02:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Hi new member here, just to say hello.
Been playing poker for awhile on and off. Just recently been playing more than normal. Reason being is spending alot of time on the quiz's and reading them thirly, then trying them out. Passed all my tests, then read about the bonus's lol. So nothing there for me except some reload bonus, which if I understood the information correctly I wont need it.
Started off approx a month ago with $50 and went straight to the 10nl, and quickly shot myself to $177 with some bumps on the way. But then i hit doom and was kicked to the curb. Dropped to $23 Almost quit, until I started to read the forum and found similiar stories.
I Knew I was playing out of my BR management realm I even tried the $25nl and got all in with KK vs. AK, community cards showed 4 hearts and guess who had the Kh, (villian).
So learned my lesson (hopefully). And I'm going to try to stick to lower limits and slowly climb back up... So far. $39.07 BR
BTW, I cant type in live lessons first time was ok, so I figured maybe I had to pass the tests to be invited to chat, I dunno but i'll keep trying.
GL at the tables all

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 05:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi Bill

Yes you have come to the right place to get yourself on the straight and narrow:.........................)lots of info on Bankroll Management here

Unlike you, I came here almost first, and got pointed in the right direction, and I started off really pretty well, within my BR (BankRoll) and I was a few dollars up....but it took ages, grinding away at the micro stakes and nothing was really happening, so, I got bored of it, and stated playing MTT Tourneys, and my BR started plummeting, and I bunked-off Pokerschool for 6 months

So, I have come back to School refreshed, and within my BR, even though I have had to reload twice.

I hope you stick with the School, and take what you learn on board, and become a successful player

Good Luck at the tables

Weasel

P.S. Some of the Live training has a little icon on the left requiring you to have a minimum amount of VPP's (you can check yours in CASHIER - VIP STATUS.
Other training requires no VPP's

Last edited by WeaselBasher; Sun Sep 23, 2012 at 05:37 AM..

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 06:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Welcome Bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$Bill_4TC View Post
BTW, I cant type in live lessons first time was ok, so I figured maybe I had to pass the tests to be invited to chat, I dunno but i'll keep trying.
Did you register as "Viewer" or "Participant"? Only participants can use the chat.

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi $$Bill_4TC!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you familiar with many of the options that PSO has to offer.

Here is a link to the bankroll management section. This will be one that you will want to take a look at. For 10NL, the recommended bankroll is $100. For 25NL, it's $250. I'm more on the conservative side, so I try to use double to triple that (along with 100 buy-in's for tourneys). That way I can deal with a variance run when they happen... because they will.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 11:50 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi Bill, one tip I will give is not to worry about any bonuses. By all means take up on them but never worry if you don't achieve them. Any bonus is there to reward the poker site and not you. If it means you have to play more than you're usd to then it WILL affect your game.

I took up the reload bonus in May but it meant I had to play 150 games a week to clear it. I cleared the bonus OK but I broke even and calculated I would have earned more sticking to my regular game.

Just concentrate on winning poker and plugging any holes you have (we all have them)

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 12:36 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi $$Bill_4TC,

Welcome to the school, nice to meet you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com