Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Sep 23, 2012, 08:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Hi,

I've not made a deposit yet. Am I eligible for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

-yeastar

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 08:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeastar View Post
Hi,
Can anyone help?
-yeastar
Hello yeastar,

And welcome.

We will advise within the next 24 hours.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 10:46 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,
Can anyone help?
-yeastar
Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 03:25 AM
(#4)
Here's a hand replay

I have also attended one of the live training section videos.

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 04:07 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have also attended one of the live training section videos.
Hi yeastar,

Good job on learning to use the hand replayer. Please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions.

These sessions are Live & Interactive and you can ask the trainer questions in real time. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Let us know when you've done this and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 11:27 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi yeastar!

With AQ from UTG, I'm going to make a standard raise here, which for me is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so with no limpers, I will raise to 150. I don't want to open-limp, as this is a very weak play that can easily be exploited by any opp that has position on me.

The flop gives me top pair, second kicker. If I had raised preflop, then the opps should check to me, in which case, I would make a continuation value bet of 2/3 pot (166). Since the opp in the SB makes a min bet, I will raise here by 2/3 the size of the pot, so I will raise to 250.
I most likely have the best hand here and I want to be raising to get value for it. By calling, I lose out on three things. First, value from worse aces or anyone else that wants to chase a draw. Secondly, I find out absolutely nothing about the opp's hand. If I raise and they call, I can start to narrow down what the opp may be holding. Thirdly, by not raising, I give the opps the correct price to draw at a heart flush. If the opp has this draw, then I want to bet enough so that it is a negative play for them to draw.

The turn should be a blank (unless the opp has 24 or 33). I need to also raise 2/3 pot again, both for value and to be sure that both opps have a negative play to draw at a flush or straight. Due to this, I will raise to 316. Any bet less than this amount is a positive call for the opps and I do not want to grow the pot when the opps expect to gain chips from it.

The river completes more straights. I want to get to showdown as cheaply as possible and hope that none of the opps has a 4. When the first opp leads out for 50 chips, I'll call this bet and if the other opp raises, then I'm folding. I do not want to raise here, as I could easily not have the best hand.

The keys to this hand are to raise preflop, the flop and the turn. This way the opp has a -EV play to call and chase thier straight (or flush). By having the bets be less before the river, the opp is able to make a +EV draw that gets there and wins the hand..... something that I want to avoid happening whenever possible.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 02:42 AM
(#7)
Thanks for the analysis of the hand. I'll definitely try those bet sizing in the future.

I've watched the training video on 180 Turbos but it wasn't live though. Do I have to participate in a live training or can I watch the recorded ones? The timings of the live trainings are usually in the wee hours in the morning for where I am at.

-yeastar

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 02:58 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks for the analysis of the hand. I'll definitely try those bet sizing in the future.
I've watched the training video on 180 Turbos but it wasn't live though. Do I have to participate in a live training or can I watch the recorded ones? The timings of the live trainings are usually in the wee hours in the morning for where I am at.
-yeastar
Hi yeastar,

Check out the Sunday live training sessions for the Bankroll Builder, these are scheduled for a time that would be more friendly to your location.

In the mean-time study the Poker Basics course and when you are happy have a go at passing the quiz.

Once you've passed it post back here and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 03:32 AM
(#9)
Hi Raiser,

I'll definitely attend the course this weekend. Also, I have passed the poker basics course previously.

-yeastar

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 03:38 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
I'll definitely attend the course this weekend. Also, I have passed the poker basics course previously.
-yeastar

Good Stuff,

The correct Live Training sessions to attend then would be 'Introduction to Bet Sizing' and 'Entering a Cash Game Pot'

Both of these sessions are found daily in the Live Training section. These are short 15-20 mins sessions and they are perfect for where you are at now. These sessions prepare you for playing at the real money tables.

Once you've attended these post back here and we award you with your first $2 to get you started on the real money tables.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 03:29 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
-yeastar
Hi yeastar,

Hope you are keeping well

Did you get a chance to attend these training sessions yet, I want to credit you with your first $2.

Just let me know what date you attended them on and we'll move on to the next step then,

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 05, 2012, 01:21 PM
(#12)
Hi Raiser,

Sorry for replying so late. I was busy the whole week. I did attend the introduction to bet sizing last Saturday or Sunday. Not too sure which day exactly.

Thanks!

Old
Fri Oct 05, 2012, 03:37 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
Sorry for replying so late.
No worries, you can follow this promotion in your own time.!

Now that you have passed the quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so and only play the full ring tables. Playing other limits and formats may make you ineligible for future bonuses.

Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another one should this happen after you post the hands you lost money with here for review.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Oct 05, 2012 at 03:40 PM..

Old
Sat Oct 06, 2012, 12:59 AM
(#14)
Hi,

Thanks for the first credit of $2 into my account. I actually started playing on the 1/2 cents table and have met with this situation. Though I won, I would lose on this kind of hand. I'm wondering if I made the right moves in this hand.

The check on the turn card by villan 1 made me suspect he had at least a pocket pair and not a flush.

- yeastar

Old
Sat Oct 06, 2012, 05:35 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi yeastar,

Thanks for posting, I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to have a look at this for you.

Once he does this we can move on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 06, 2012, 06:05 PM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi yeastar,

Playing with a stack under 50 bb's if the villain is at all loose I would generally go ahead and 4-bet preflop and get it in. If they are really tight then this is just a fold preflop to their 3b. Without reads, if you call you are probably committing on the flop with an overpair, so in this case go ahead and raise him all in on the flop if that is the plan. Flat calling in a situation where the pot is already large and you are committed just allows him to get a free shot at your stack when you're ahead.

Also, the turn bet is too small.. if he's got a single club you're giving him a correct price to try and draw out on you... if you're ahead you want him to either fold his equity in this already large pot, or pay to realize it.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 07, 2012, 08:00 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi yeastar,

Now spend a couple of days studying the Cash Game course and really let the information here sink in, this will stand to you in the long run.

Once you feel you are ready have a go at taking the Cash Game quiz. Let me know once you have passed this and we'll take it from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 04:12 AM
(#18)
Hi Raiser,

I've just passed the cash game quiz yesterday. Also, I didn't do that well in the cash games and lost most of my buy in quite sometime back. Below are the 2 hands that I lost the most.

For this hand I kind of knew he was on a flush draw and he made the flush on the river.

The second hand, the player I was up against was a loose player and made several loose calls previously, so him holding pocket queens was quite a surprise to me.

-yeastar

Old
your too loose end pasiv - Mon Oct 29, 2012, 05:39 AM
(#19)
Since: Nov 2011
hi dude
if your going to pley in ahand you need to raise pre flop
this wey you just giving free money
good luck next time

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 06:20 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
I've just passed the cash game quiz yesterday. Also, I didn't do that well in the cash games and lost most of my buy in
Hi yeastar,

Thanks for posting these hands for review.

I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com