Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

39c what to do?

Old
39c what to do? - Sun Sep 23, 2012, 01:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi all, after a bit of a mad moment last week I threw my BR at the players literally. Leaving my self about 39c i think it was.

Talking aboout an angry player, wow, I get so angry at times and just chuck my chips in frustration.

So any way after watching the UK show x-factor, and seen the homeless guy with a great voice chuck away his chance to make it, took a look at myself.

Im not so unfortunate as him, I do have a roof over my head, and people to love.
And these are the people I am letting down by not been all that I can be.

So what was I to do?, I promised myself I would try to avoid reloads this year, so down to a 10c turbos 360 man to see what I could do.

I finished 11th to improve my 39c.

So then I decided to play a 25c 45ppl sng, and a result of 6th again improved my BR.

Then a repeat performance with a 5th place helped my BR further.

So then came the 3rd 45ppl sng at 25c, I was determined and took down second place to make a quad of straight results.

So back to $4 after a week of break, if only I could keep this up, and then the many great escapes for BR bust, I would not have to do.

And maybe my thoughts would be on spending and not reloading.

I just thought I would share this with you

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 02:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Poker requires emotional discipline to prevent such tilting over-reactions. Developing this discipline is not easy, and even the best sometimes lose it briefly. It is likely poker is not the only area where this trait is evident.

Trust me in what I say as I have bipolar II so emotional over-reactions are quite familiar to me. For me it took medication and therapy to develop adequate self-discipline and its still not 100% and never will be. This does not mean that you will require this, but over-reaction are a leak at the table and leaks need to be plugged.

I doubt these actions are limited to poker but show up under a variety of circumstances. A break from poker, or other stressful activities, serves only to alleviate the symptoms temporarily but does nothing to address the causes which are internal not external.

A huge stressor is believing you control the actions of another. While we may influence others somewhat we can never control them. Their actions and behaviors are solely their decision as are my actions my decisions.

I realize that free advice is worth what you pay for it. All I ask is that you consider what I have said.

Good decisions both at and away from the table!

Joe

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 04:48 PM
(#3)
Thank you joe that was good reading. I know this is a poker school and not really the place for life issues.
But every day stress situations are a big part of why people lose on the felt.

Yes Joe I do as you suspect over react at times to situations.

And I do sometimes find pokerschool to be an escape, and may write a complete piece of rubbish to get a reaction.

Although some of my rubbish sometimes does have valid points and gives people real incite into poker and the ifs and whys.

I keep saying to myself 2013 I will come and play like a pro, but then I think to myself why not just do it now.

OK...............

complete honestly

I started what i had stopped due to emotional stress..meaning my parents passed away.

So now you know sometimes why I seem insane, and then other times I can seem normal..

So to those who know me, you know what im on about hopefully, and i opologise, I need to be me so bad, I really have got intellegence, I can play and can win..

On that note thank you all, your right Joe, I need help!

Sorry people and in ashamement this will be my last post for a while..

not for good..

just until I can sort myself out and come back here as the professional I want to be.

So for now goodbye, feels quite sad actually I have learnt a lot and respect you all more than you know thx.

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
In many ways poker is a microcosm of life. I too once sought poker as an escape, now I see it as preparation for life. Daily we are faced with situation where we must assess incomplete information and take action. Just like a poker hand.

Another thing I learned is that you can not do things as good or as quickly by yourself as you can with trustworthy friends and associates. Taking a break from playing poker doesn't mean to take a break from the school. Hand analysis and strategy discussions are, to me, still relevant. They are a n arena to develop new ideas and strengthen existing concepts. Without the baggage of current played hands my mine is more receptive.

Take care Ace. All the best.

Joe

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 05:58 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
39c lol......did i say lol......Stop!....Stop playing at them 1/2c games, save ya dosh up and come back playing on a min of 10/25c so at least players understand what your trying to do at the table, ya waisting ya time on the bottom end of micros, it aint a shark eat fish world its a choke on a fish world, at least play at a level where your bluffs start to work and players get what story you are trying to tell them, i,ll admit it i cannot beat microstakes im sick of trying, have you ever considered this is where you are going wrong?

Gl bro what ever you decide to do and u know where to find me if u need me, come visit me i,ll show you the diff in games at higher levels where players actually think before clicking a button.

Love ya bro and keep ya chin up. Paul.

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 06:33 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Is this the same lad that won 5k in tourneys on another site?
now need help with 39c br omfg bro what the hell has happened to you, sry fe being so blunt bro u know i love ya but a line needs drawing, you love poker as do we all that's not in doubt, but after watching you play the other day what the hell was that bro? You also say i play poker weird well im not saying i dont but atleast i win something and i am playing poker i dont no what to call that style your playing apart from a losing one.I have noticed my posts getting more and more arrogant the complete opposite to what i am in real life, so i guess i really am becoming a poker player. Just pack it in bro, you keep telling me i make you tilt so i say this to you dont sit at a table with me if i can throw your game with a few poxy words infact dont sit at tables full stop.
Soz bro but you need some hard love, and you need to start again from the beginning because your game has gone to the dogs, you were alot better of a poker player when you first started than you are now.

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 07:33 AM
(#7)
Well I was not going post for a while, but seemingly thought I should answer you bro on this.

Just the other day you were saying its having you, meaning the mystical force of IT.

And whom put you straight and cleared your mind again?,

I am still that player with the same skills bro, and you know that practice makes perfect.

However, I am now a player who knows all styles, I know how to lose and how to win, how to min itm or how to go for the one goal that all players should do, and that is go for the win.

But also conterary to your beleif, I am actually a really improved player, now knowing poker terminology and mostly the correct way to play an hand.
Correct bet sizing and correct BR mangement.

Fair enough, I squander my BR practising and playing to lose rather than to win.

I have thoughts on poker beyond most peoples rashinal thinking.

When I first came to this forum I was honest, I said i think could be world class, lol I dont think many beleived that,and to this day probably still think im a donk with mental issues.

But its far from that, I needed to learn how people play proper to come up with a way to beat them.

I know what cards they have, I range them fast.

When i quit what i was doing for a while until the upset I took $10 to $200+ in no time. And every other time I have not bothered I win.
Look at the my insane posts bro. paranoid thoughts that could criple a business if beleived, and the problem was with such a good itm at the time and a profit I was looking beleivable bro.

I completely understand why my posts were closed, and yes I think i was a forum troll even though that was not my intentions.

So in my mixed up mind I have dropped my rankings intentionally so know one would beleive any of my madness.

People are right I should of been banned along time ago from the forum.
I am a discrace to a proffesional forum

I am finally making the right decissions as J.dean, and JW and all keep telling me, and not just decissions on the felt.

I use to beleive I was world class as I suppose many have thought, but the difference now been that pokerschool as now made me world class, and I now know it and dont just think it.

Im great, scared of been good, and thats the main reason I lose,

Imagine me on the tele with my state of mind!!!!

And yes bro higher buyins get more respect,but variance is still the same bro regardless.

GL all sorry

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 12:13 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Well said holdem, i sure enjoyed reading your post from time to time. Keep it up with your poker.

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 10:54 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
39c lol......did i say lol......Stop!....Stop playing at them 1/2c games, save ya dosh up and come back playing on a min of 10/25c so at least players understand what your trying to do at the table, ya waisting ya time on the bottom end of micros, it aint a shark eat fish world its a choke on a fish world, at least play at a level where your bluffs start to work and players get what story you are trying to tell them, i,ll admit it i cannot beat microstakes im sick of trying, have you ever considered this is where you are going wrong?

Gl bro what ever you decide to do and u know where to find me if u need me, come visit me i,ll show you the diff in games at higher levels where players actually think before clicking a button.

Love ya bro and keep ya chin up. Paul.

you want him to wait to play 25cent games what kind of bank roll do you you thin he should have for this?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com