Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder thread

Old
Bankroll builder thread - Sun Sep 23, 2012, 05:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
hey i am new here and would like to take part in this bankroll builder promotion

what do i do next?

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 05:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICRABLIND View Post
hey i am new here and would like to take part in this bankroll builder promotion
what do i do next?
Hello ICRABLIND,

And welcome, don't do anything just yet, we'll advise on the next step for you within 24 hours.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 03:58 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
what do i do next?
Hi ICRABLIND,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 04:20 PM
(#4)

i have done what you have asked whats next?

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 06:01 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i have done what you have asked whats next?
Hi ICRABLIND,

Thanks you posting the hand, I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to give you some pointers on it.

The next step is to attend the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions.

These sessions are found daily in the Live Training section. While your there ask the trainer plenty of questions.

Post back after you've done this and we'll move on from there.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 05:18 PM
(#6)
thats my attended the training session

i have also read the poker basics and passed the poker basics quiz

what would you like me to do next

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 05:54 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
thats my attended the training session
i have also read the poker basics and passed the poker basics quiz
what would you like me to do next
Excellent!

Now that you have passed this quiz your first $2 will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first $2 to then play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another $2 should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend both the 'Bet Sizing' and 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training sessions. These sessions are found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 06:01 PM
(#8)
u have attended the entering cash pot session today (even tho it was advertised as the bet sizing one guy picked wrong slides haha)

but il rewatch the two sessions again next day and post here when done

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 06:06 PM
(#9)
* i have

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 06:09 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Perfect, your doing great so far and I hope your enjoying the learning experience.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Ask plenty of questions and post plenty of hands, it's the best way to learn

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
(#11)
woo hoo recieved first 2$ now doubled up

was wondering if i played this hand correctly

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 07:36 PM
(#12)
another couple of tough hands

this one i lost alot on well alot in comparison to my bankroll

did get back up to over 4$ again tho

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 08:32 PM
(#13)
bankroll $9.01

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 10:49 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
bankroll $9.01
These are all good hands and it's great to see your bankroll building.

We want to see you posting some hands that you've had trouble with or have questions about, such as 'did I bet the right amount here?' or 'Should I have entered the pot here with this starting hand with 3 limpers before me?' ...

Post hands that cost you money and your wondering about and we'll have a look at them for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi ICRABLIND!

With AJ in position, I would be raising preflop and would size it at my standard raise size (3BB+1BB for each limper), so I would raise to 8 cents.

I flop top pair/top kicker and when it's checked back to me, I want to make a continuation bet. Since there are two opps in the pot and there is a possible flush draw, I would size my bet at 3/4 pot (19 cents).

The turn is a blank, unless the opp has 45 (45s is within the opp's range). When it's checked to me, I will follow up with another value bet, but since there is now only one opp in the hand, I will size it at my std betsize for 1 opp (1/2 pot), so I will bet 30 cents.
I try to keep all of my bet sizes standard, so that the opp doesn't know whether I have a monster hand, a draw, or a bluff (although at lower levels, I rarely, if ever bluff because there are too many calling stations that will not fold).
The opp now shoves. For me to call, I have to put $1.62 into a pot that will be $3.85 (42.1%).
Here is where a read on the opponent is critical. If the opp would only shove with a made hand (2-pair or higher), then I would fold top pair here. If the opp would shove with less, then I'd be happy calling here.

One thing that I would be watching out for is that many players tend to over-value one pair hands, so I don't want to be calling here unless I'm absolutely sure that I have the best hand.
Normally in this situation a shove will be 2 pair, set or made straight... and my one pair will not be ahead, so I'll muck to the shove and look for a better spot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 07:20 PM
(#16)
thanks for the feedback il take that on board

thats me also attended the two coaching sessions what should i do next

iv watched some the videos aswell from the course and done the basics course

attened the entering a cash pot and introduction to bet sizing

just post here what to do next and il get on it

also how do i earn more dollars?

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 08:20 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
just post here what to do next and il get on it
Hi,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 09:04 AM
(#18)
thats me finished the cash game course and passed the quiz with 95% i know which one i got wrong

so whats next ?

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 09:23 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
thats me finished the cash game course and passed the quiz with 95% i know which one i got wrong
so whats next ?
Brilliant, once we confirm the quiz is passed we'll award you with another $2 and continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 09:39 AM
(#20)
thats me been awarded the extra 2$ so just waiting on what to do next

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com