Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

RNIX13 Bankroll Builder

Old
RNIX13 Bankroll Builder - Mon Sep 24, 2012, 01:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hi there, I am new to the world of online poker. I have never made a deposit and have passed my basic assesment quiz. I am wondering now how I go about obtaining the 2 dollar bonus? or even more bonuses?

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 02:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNIX13 View Post
Hi there, I am new to the world of online poker. I have never made a deposit and have passed my basic assesment quiz. I am wondering now how I go about obtaining the 2 dollar bonus? or even more bonuses?
Hi RNIX13,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
step one of two - Mon Sep 24, 2012, 07:05 PM
(#3)

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 07:15 PM
(#4)
On the video of the hand that I just posted, I would like to know what I did wrong and if there was any way to win that hand seeing as how I had 10 outs to the river.

Also I have taken the getting started at poker stars training sessions already. I have also taken the first quiz on poker basics and have passed.

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 04:50 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
On the video of the hand that I just posted, I would like to know what I did wrong

I have also taken the first quiz on poker basics and have passed.
Hi there,

One of the Hand Analysers will reply with some pointers about the hand you posted for review.

Congrats on passing the quiz, your first $2 will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours.

Once you receive it post back here and we'll continue on from there, great job so far!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 11:05 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi RNIX13!

With AQs preflop and being out of position, I definitely want to raise. My standard raise for this type of situation is to between 3X the opp's bet and a pot-sized bet, so I would raise to 12 here.

The flop is three undercards that miss both me (and most likely the opps too). I would make a c-bet here since I raised preflop and I'll size my bet at 1/2 the pot (18). I don't want to bet less than this, as if both players call, either opp with a straight draw would be getting the correct odds to draw at me. I'm ahead of any of the straight draws, so I want them making a -EV (negative expected value, which means that they will lose chips on average each time) play if they want to draw.

I'm now in a worst position on the turn, as not only did two of the straight draws get there, there is now also a club flush draw. What I do here will depend on my reads of the opps. If they are calling stations (call any bet).. which is most likely at this level of play, then I'm checking and hoping to see a free card on the river. If I think they could fold, then I'll make another value bet, BUT, with the added flush draw, I need to size this bet at 2/3 pot (50). Betting less gives the opps the correct odds to draw, which is something that I do not want to do.

The river is another blank and I am going to check/fold here. The opps should only bet here if they have a pair, which means that I can't win the pot and don't want to bet or call a bet when I won't win, as I don't ever want to give chips away.

In most cases, I would raise preflop, make a c-bet on the flop, then check/fold to any bet on the turn or river unless I improve my hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 01:23 PM
(#7)
Thank you! the money was successfully credited! Whats the next step

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 01:29 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you! the money was successfully credited! Whats the next step
Great stuff!

We want you to get ready to hit the cash tables with this $2, but only the 1/2 cent tables to start out with.

Let's move on to thinking about bet sizing and what we should consider before deciding to play a hand on the cash game tables.

There are two short Live Training sessions you can attend.

'Bet Sizing' and 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' sessions are found daily in the Live Training section.

Please atend these sessions and ask the trainer plenty of questions, post back when you've done this and we'll move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 07:42 PM
(#9)
I have attended both online training sessions that you talked about! Whats next?

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 06:35 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have attended both online training sessions that you talked about! Whats next?
Great! Thanks for doing that.

Take all that you have learned so far, from the live training sessions and from the Poker Basics course, along with the first $2 you have received and play the 1/2 cent cash game tables only applying what you have learned to your playing decisions.

We want you to post some hands here that you got into difficulty with, ones that left you making hard decisions and cost you money, and we'll analyse them for you.

Post about 2/3 hands like this and once you've done this we'll move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 07:07 PM
(#11)
I lost the 2 dollars at the 0.01/0.02 tables and my computer froze before I could save any hands. Is it possible to get another 2 dollars so I can get some hands for analysis.

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 07:26 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I lost the 2 dollars at the 0.01/0.02 tables and my computer froze before I could save any hands. Is it possible to get another 2 dollars so I can get some hands for analysis.
Hi RNIX13,

No worries, simply email support@pokerstars.com and ask them to send you the hand history for all cash games played by you and give them the date that you lost the buy-in.

Then just find the hands where you lost the money, post them here and we will analyse them for you.

Once you do this we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com