Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My Bankroll Builder

Old
My Bankroll Builder - Mon Sep 24, 2012, 03:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hi.

I have not made a deposit but have cleared the Poker Basics course ,am i eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion ?

Ty.

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 03:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinku135 View Post
Hi.
I have not made a deposit but have cleared the Poker Basics course ,am i eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion ?
Ty.
Hi pinku135 and welcome,

We'll advise within the next 24 hours.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 05:54 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi.
Ty.
Hi pinku135,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline.

We like to start everyone, no matter how much experience they may have, off with the basics so to get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 01:34 AM
(#4)
Thanks a lot will do it .

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 02:12 AM
(#5)
this costed me because i opted to slow play . . but i feel if had made a quality raise i would have saved my pot .

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 02:16 AM
(#6)
This i feel i played how it has to be ..

Cheers ,

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 04:14 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi pinku135,

Thanks for posting these hands for review. I will ask one of our Hand Analysers to review these for you.

For now please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Ask the live trainer plenty of questions during this class.

After you've done this post back here and we'll move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 01:06 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi Pinku

I think you are right to conclude that the T6 hand was played much more effectively when compared to the A7 hand. Even though we did not get all-in action on our top two pair in the T6 hand we still won the pot, and were very likely to have the best of it were someone willing to go all-in with us.

The A7 hand is a great example of when not to slowplay. Let's take a look at a few of the things going on:

- Multiway flop: there were 6 players to the flop, usually the more opponents, the less sense (and more dangerous!) slowplaying can be.

- Vulnerable hand: There are straight draws, flush draws, and plenty of made hands out there that can pass us on the turn. Any K,Q,J,T,9,8,6,5 or club turn could be the end of us, when put in context of all the possible holdings our opponents can have. That's a lot of cards!

Usually a better place to slowplay is when we flop an invulnerable hand in a heads-up context. So say we raise UTG and the BB calls. If we have QQ and the flop comes Q22, this would be the ideal spot to slowplay, when compared to A97 6-way.

It is worth considering all the possible hands we could have gotten a bet from, should we have bet A7 in position. I am thinking of hands like 97, AJ, JT, club draws, and even weaker hands than those. We definitely want to build a pot with these hands.

The turn was quite bad for us, as it happens, and our kicker was counterfeighted. But I think you already know how things went wrong after that

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 01:57 PM
(#9)
Thanks a lot GarethC23 .
really a detailed a educative Hand review ..
thanks a lot for your guidance and tips .

Cheers ,

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 04:10 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks a lot GarethC23 .
really a detailed a educative Hand review ..
thanks a lot for your guidance and tips .
Cheers ,
Hi pinku135,

Thanks for posting these hands for review.
For now please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Ask the live trainer plenty of questions during this class.

After you've done this post back here and we'll move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 04:22 AM
(#11)
Today ill be attending the live training session .

Cheers,

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 02:19 PM
(#12)
Hi,
I finished with live training done by trainer "chewme1".
what's my next step .

Ty,
cheers.

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 04:07 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,
I finished with live training done by trainer "chewme1".
what's my next step .
Ty,
cheers.
Great, you've done everything that's been asked so far and you've already passed the Poker Basic Quiz, well done!

As a result you've earned your first $2 from the promotion.

Next up please attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions and ask plenty of questions such as 'what should be the correct bet size to enter the pot? what are good starting hands etc.

Think about these 3 basic's before deciding if you should enter a pot.

1. My position at the table?
2. Is my starting hand good enough?
3. If I do decide to play this hand what should my bet size be?

If you've any doubts about these make sure you ask the live trainer questions in the 'Bet Sizing' class.

Let me know when you've attended the 'Bet Sizing' session and we'll move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Sun Sep 30, 2012 at 05:32 AM..

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 04:42 AM
(#14)
One crazy hand !!

Old
Sun Sep 30, 2012, 05:32 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Next up please attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions and ask plenty of questions such as 'what should be the correct bet size to enter the pot? what are good starting hands etc.

Think about these 3 basic's before deciding if you should enter a pot.

1. My position at the table?
2. Is my starting hand good enough?
3. If I do decide to play this hand what should my bet size be?

If you've any doubts about these make sure you ask the live trainer questions in the 'Bet Sizing' class.

Let me know when you've attended the 'Bet Sizing' session and we'll move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 30, 2012, 05:50 AM
(#16)
I finished the live training on Introduction to bet sizing done by the trainer 'ahar010' .

Cheers .

Old
Sun Sep 30, 2012, 06:09 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I finished the live training on Introduction to bet sizing done by the trainer 'ahar010' .
Cheers .
Hi pinku135,

Yes, this you have! Now your ready to study the Cash Game course. Spend some time studying the content of this course and this will help you greatly.

When you feel you are ready have a go at attempting the quiz. Post back here when you pass it. Also if you've any questions or their is something in the course you don't fully understand let us know and we can discuss.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 30, 2012, 06:35 AM
(#18)
I also completed the live training on entering a cash game pot done by 'ahar010"

Cheers .

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 04:01 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I also completed the live training on entering a cash game pot done by 'ahar010"
Cheers .

Hi pinku135,

How are you finding the Cash Game course? Spend some time studying the content of this course and this will help you greatly.

When you feel you are ready have a go at attempting the quiz. Post back here when you pass it.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 08:51 AM
(#20)
Hi,
I passed the cash game quiz successfully after many attempts .

Ty.
Cheers.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com