Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Sep 24, 2012, 04:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hi I passed the first quiz 13/15. What's the next step?

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 04:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Especially18 View Post
Hi there and welcome,

We'll advise on the next step within 24 hours,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 05:52 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Especially18,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline.

We like to start everyone, no matter how much experience they may have, off with the basics so to get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 24, 2012, 10:03 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi Especially18,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline.

We like to start everyone, no matter how much experience they may have, off with the basics so to get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser
Thanks for the quick reply! Here is my hand replay and even though I won my pot, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to play mid-low pockets in ring games (6-9 players). Thanks for heads up!

Last edited by Especially18; Mon Sep 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM..

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 04:37 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply! Here is my hand replay and even though I won my pot, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to play mid-low pockets in ring games (6-9 players). Thanks for heads up!
Hi Especially18,

I'll ask one of our live trainers to answer this question for you and they will reply here soon.

For now Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you've done this and we can move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 01:15 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi Especially

I think you played this particular hand fine. The main factor is not the amount of action in front of you, but rather the strength of your hand and your chip stack's relation to the big blind.

When you have 10 big blinds or less, which we definitely had in this case, you should be looking to go all-in with most pairs in most positions.

In fact, I would suggest we choose a hand to "go with" much before our chip stack got to the place you waited for. The reason is that, even when we win an all-in confrontation like we did, the blinds and antes are still going to put our stack at risk just a few short hands later.

Usually the best way to avoid this is to move all-in yourself when the action folds around to you.

Long story short, when you have 77 with this chip stack, definitely put those chips in . But don't hesitate to do so with a small or medium pocket pair at an earlier point in the session

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 05:00 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Hi Especially18,

I'll ask one of our live trainers to answer this question for you and they will reply here soon.

For now Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you've done this and we can move on from there.

Raiser
Hi, I've just finished my session with ahar010 with his First Impressions video. I found it very enlightening as for the reads of other players. Am I now eligigble for the 2$ deposit and what is the next step?
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethC23 View Post
But don't hesitate to do so with a small or medium pocket pair at an earlier point in the session
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep in mind!

Last edited by Especially18; Tue Sep 25, 2012 at 05:03 PM..

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 06:24 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, I've just finished my session with ahar010 with his First Impressions video.
Hi Especially18,

That wasn't the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' session but no worries.

You've now learned how to post a hand for analysis and attended a live training session and this is really good!

Now it's time to study the Poker Basics course and when you've studied it have a go at trying to pass the quiz.

Once you've passed it we'll award you your first $2 and continue on from there. Let me know when you do this.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 06:26 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Judging by this you've already passed the Basic Assessment quiz, right?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 06:28 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Judging by this you've already passed the Basic Assessment quiz, right?

Raiser
Yes, indeed! What would be the next step?

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Yes, indeed! What would be the next step?
Congrats on passing the quiz and your first $2 is on the way to you. It will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours.

The next step is to attend the 'Introduction to Bet Sizing' and 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' Live Training sessions. Be sure to attend these ones. They are scheduled daily in the Live Training section.

There short 15-20 sessions and once you've attended them let me know and we'll move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com