Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bank roll builder

Old
bank roll builder - Tue Sep 25, 2012, 02:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hi there Im keen as to get involved with this bank roll builder promotion I havnt made any deposits whats my next move cheers Neil

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 03:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neildenize View Post
Hi there Im keen as to get involved with this bank roll builder promotion I havnt made any deposits whats my next move cheers Neil
Hi Neil,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wink
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 03:38 PM
(#3)
Hi

Ive watched one of the live training sessions and here is one of the hands I played at the play money tables,ive been playing in a couple of the open league tourney aswell.

here is the link

cheers Neil

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 05:37 PM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi
Ive watched one of the live training sessions and here is one of the hands I played at the play money tables
Hi Neil,

Good job posting the hand for review. I also see that you have attended the 'Team 6-Max Class' Live Training Session which is good but it's not the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' session that you will need to attend in order to get your first $2. It's really important that you complete each step as advised. Please attend the 'Getting Started' session, these are found daily in the Live Training session.

In the hand you played above I think you played it very well. I like the preflop raise size in position and I liked the fold when we missed the flop completely in a multi-way pot. Good job there.

One more step before we get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first $2 will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion

Once you've attended the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training session and passed the Poker Basic course post back here and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Question
passed the poker basics - Thu Sep 27, 2012, 09:58 PM
(#5)
Hi there

So ive passed the poker basics test and watched the intro to poker stars,ive had a bit of a look at the cash game courses aswell.

Cheers Neil

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 04:42 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi there
So ive passed the poker basics test and watched the intro to poker stars,ive had a bit of a look at the cash game courses aswell.
Cheers Neil
Excellent!

Now that you have passed the quiz your first $2 will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first $2 to then play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another $2 should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend both the 'Bet Sizing' and 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training sessions. These sessions are found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
thanks heaps for the $2 - Fri Sep 28, 2012, 01:57 PM
(#7)
thanks heaps for the $2 here is a couple of hands I played I won a couple of them but just want to get your thoughts on them,

Cheers Neil Denize

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 03:31 PM
(#8)
Hi

I have done the bet sizing and entering cash games classes,I think this promotion and just the whole general program classes/courses and what not are great,they have improved my poker alot.

cheers Neil

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi
I have done the bet sizing and entering cash games classes,I think this promotion and just the whole general program classes/courses and what not are great,they have improved my poker alot.
cheers Neil
That's really good to hear. It's a good foundation to build on for sure.

I feel your ready to study the Cash Game course and when you feel up to it have a go at attempting the quiz.

Spend your time on this one The cash quiz is quite tricky but I can assure you that all the answers are there in the content of the course.

If you've any questions about anything in the course please ask. Once you've passed the quiz we'll move on from there.

Good Job!
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 04:15 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Neil

JJ hand, would be ok to 3b preflop here after an opener and caller, especially so since you're ona short stack, 3b and get it in would be my preference. if we were very deep stacked like the opener then I prefer flat calling.

On the flop, you made a small bet. In the Intro to Bet Sizing class this situation would call for a big bet... you are likely to have the best hand when it's checked to you, and there's draws possible to get value from and protect against... a small bet gives those draws and overcards an easier call and in some cases correct call to try and improve their hand, and loses you value in the process.

Turn bet could be a big bet as well, if you had made a big flop bet and gotten called, you'd be set up to make a big bet that was a shove on the turn, applying maximum pressure and getting good value in the process.

89 hand, fold this preflop... unless the stacks are deeper, and when you have more experience under your belt, you can start to make more speculation calls out of position from the SB but for now it will be difficult to play this well out of position multi-way, so folding is ok. On the flop I wouldn't fold directly to the flop bet and raise, I would probably call. Obviously we can be beat now by K9, AK beats us but with no raise preflop it's a bit less likely someone holds AK. But other hands that would raise on this flop texture will generally have good equity against us. 2 pair is in bad shape to our small end straight, but sets have a fair bit of equity and hands like KQ, and AdXd actually have a lot of equity in this spot. And with 2 players showing an interest we have to be concerned with this. I would generally call here, and be prepared to check-fold a bad turn card, and bet/raise on a safe turn card like the 4c.

QQ hand, all looks good to me.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 04:15 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Neildenize,

How are you getting on with the Cash Game course?

There's still another $6 there for you to earn. Let me know if you've any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
cash game quiz - Wed Oct 03, 2012, 11:22 PM
(#12)
Hi there Ive passed the cash game quiz

cheers Neil Denize

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 04:34 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi there Ive passed the cash game quiz
cheers Neil Denize
Hi Neil,

Congrats on passing the Cash Game course. Your next buy-in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours.

Again use this buy-in to play the 1/2 cent FullRing cash game tables and post back here any hands you had difficulty with or cost you money.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
single game tourneys - Thu Oct 04, 2012, 12:03 PM
(#14)
Hi

yeah the cash game course was a bit more tricky really good though do you want me to carry on with the single game tourney,or how do I go about unlocking the other $4?,Ive been getting stuck into the skill league tourney.

cheers Neil Denize

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 02:44 PM
(#15)
Here is a hand I played in the open league do you think I should of bet harder preflop

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 04:06 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi
yeah the cash game course was a bit more tricky really good though do you want me to carry on with the single game tourney,or how do I go about unlocking the other $4?,Ive been getting stuck into the skill league tourney.
cheers Neil Denize
Hi Neil,

For the purpose of the Bankroll Builder promo only use the buy-in you are awarded for the 1/2 cent full ring tables. Using the buy-in for any other formats may make you ineligible for futher bounses.

I do know the Open League is a freeroll and it's fine to play this. I'l ask one of the hand analysers to take a look at it for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 04:51 PM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Neil!

Skill league games need to be played totally different than cash tables or even cash tourneys. A player should be very, very conservative in them. Do not take any chances and do not go all-in unless they are sure that they will have the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board.

With 4 limpers and ATo in the SB. Since I've got to play a multiway pot out of position... this is a preflop fold for me.
I don't want to be in a huge multi-way pot OOP, so any hand that I wouldn't want to raise with, I'm folding. ATo can easily be dominated by any of the players already in the pot, which could cost me all of my chips. I want to hold onto my chips in any way possible, so that I can last longer and accumulate more leaderboard points for the tourney.

The flop gives me the current nuts, but there are a number of draws that can beat me, as anyone could have 2 pair a set or another draw. Here is where the problem with being in a large multiway pot with not many chips comes into play. No matter what I do, I cannot price everyone out for their draws... that means anyone that tries to draw at me is making a +EV play, which is something I do not want. The best that I can hope for is to shove and get one caller, but even then, I could be in trouble.

I think the key to this hand is to muck ATo preflop, which will avoid me being out of position in a multiway pot.

If this is a cash tourney, then it's a shove preflop. With 5BB left and a broadway ace, it's a snap-shove for me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 06, 2012, 02:10 PM
(#18)
cool thanks for the tips how do I go about unlocking the other $4

cheers Neil Denize

Old
Sat Oct 06, 2012, 05:24 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
cool thanks for the tips how do I go about unlocking the other $4
cheers Neil Denize
Hi Neildenize,

Now that you have these hands analysed we'll move you on to the next step.

Using the last buy-in you received, play the 1/2 cent cash game tables only. Playing other formats may make you ineligible for further bonuses.

If you earn 10 VPP's with this buy-in you will be awarded your final buy-ins and have successfully completed the promotion.

If you lose this buy-in don't worry, simply post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread and we would be happy to analyse them for you.

Good luck on the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 07, 2012, 12:50 PM
(#20)
Hi there genraly Ive been doing not to bad at the tables had a couple of losses this been one of them I was hoping you could analyze it.

cheers Neil

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com