Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Flush verses Full house

Old
Flush verses Full house - Wed Sep 26, 2012, 08:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
I had Jd9d in my hand and raised on the CU 3 x the BB pre flop. On the flop I hit a flush - 2d, 8d and 10d. I then carried on raising as I had the flush and then the straight flush draw on top. However I was reraised a number of times. The turn I forget, but the river was the 2c. After a he raises on the river I drew the other guy all in and he ends up with full house 8 over 2s.

Up until the 2 I had him beat but I missed the full house draw. Was this, despite loosing, the correct way to play this hand or should I have been more conservative? I guess I feel I played it correctly up until the river, but then focused on my flush rather than the possible draw on the table. But by the time I had got to the river I had invested about half my stack.

Thanks,

Matt

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 09:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi Takamino

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnLine.

This link will help you find you way around. We have some great features, and training video's which i hope you will find usefull. If you haven't yet tried it, i would suggest that you take a look at the training course's available,they should help you in making decisions in situations such as you describe.

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 09:27 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks Tony, I have started them - will definitely continue.

M

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 11:15 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Takamino!

It depends on the stack sizes, the pot size and how much was bet. Without this information, I can't say whether or not it was the correct play. If you have this info, we'd be glad to help.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com