Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Cashblow881

Old
Cashblow881 - Wed Sep 26, 2012, 12:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hello there, I am new here, and I was wanting to know if I can use this promotion?

Thanks Casblow881!

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Cashblow811!

We will advise if you are eligible within the next 24 hours, and if so, what the next step for you will be.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 01:04 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi Cashblow811!

We will advise if you are eligible within the next 24 hours, and if so, what the next step for you will be.

John (JWK24)

Thank you very much, I have played only A little poker, but not money play only with friends, so this would be great if I could get it!.

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 02:35 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Cashblow811,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline.

We like to start everyone, no matter how much experience they may have, off with the basics so to get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
(#5)
Hi Was this right way to go all in with?

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 04:39 PM
(#6)
I have also been involved with a cash training video a while back,

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 05:26 PM
(#7)
Another hand I felt I as behind, with a re raise, I had no reads on the player. In the end I did have the best hand but oh well.

Old
Wed Sep 26, 2012, 06:46 PM
(#8)
I have also, just done the " getting started with Pokerstars, live training"

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 01:46 AM
(#9)
Hi, I've passed the Poker Basic Test, which took a lot of time

wooooop

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 04:49 AM
(#10)
what do I do next???????????????

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 05:29 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashblow811 View Post
what do I do next???????????????
Hi Cashblow811,

Your trainer, JWK24 will advise you within 24 hours.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Cashblow811!

In the AA hand, I would want to make a standard raise preflop. This will help to conceal the strength of my hand, as I'll make the same raise with AA, 22, AQ or any other hand that I want to play. My standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 80.
When villain 4 shoves and it gets back to me, I am going to re-shove to try and isolate the one opp, as AA plays better against less opponents, but if the other opp (villain 2) wants to be in the pot all-in preflop too, I'm happy with that situation as I know that I have the best hand at that point in time.

In the 26s hand, I'm very happy to see a free flop from the BB.
I flop a flush draw and when it checks to me, I am happy to check behind and try to see a free card to complete my flush.
The turn is a miss and now villain 4 leads out for 2 chips and there are three callers. For me to call, I need to put 2 chips into a pot that will be 20 (10%). I have 9 outs, so my hand has 9*2% equity, which is 18%. Since my hand equity is larger than my pot equity, I will call the $2.
The river is a perfect card for me, as it completes my flush and does not pair the board, so nobody can have a full house. When it's checked to me, I want to make a value bet and my standard for this type of situation is 1/2 pot, so I would bet 12.
Villain 4 calls, villain 5 min-raises and villain 6 calls. With this action, I'm going to 3-bet here and raise to 3X villain 5's bet (72). If someone re-raises this bet, then I'll have to re-evaluate. I don't want to fold a flush here to a min-raise as there are many worse hands that could raise or call that I want to get value from.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 11:40 AM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Cashblow811!

Your first $2 will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first $2 to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first $2 and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this $2.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
(#14)
Thank you very much John. The $2 is in my account, what should I do next?

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 12:02 PM
(#15)
First win I did what people have told me although it was a big raise, I wanted less hands in that could beat my AK

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 12:28 PM
(#16)
Sadly, I did the wrong thing, I took the chance for the Runner runner flush, although I didn't put the aggresor on KK I put him on AQ A10 or something like that.
So I lost my $2

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 02:25 PM
(#17)
What do I do next?

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 05:55 PM
(#18)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Cashblow

I think you could have done a few things to improve your play in this hand, none of which have to do with the river. I think the river play is fine and you just got unlucky to run into KK in this situation and for the river to be the K of diamonds.

As it happens I think you should fold before the flop. Maybe if we had a stack to match our opponent's 5$ stack we could call, because then we could win all 5$ of his when we make a big hand like a straight or a flush. In this situation we can only win 1.77 from him and I don't think that is going to happen often enough for us to call with 98s here.

The thing is that we are in the small blind, which is the worst position to play from no matter what the circumstances. We are going to act first after the flop on every street against anyone -- we're at a real disadvantage. So when we are in the small blind we should have high requirements for entering a pot.

So before the flop I would fold. On the flop I would check and call, as opposed to leading out. If we check and call we allow our opponents to bluff with hands like QJ/KJ/AJ/AQ/AK. We are a favourite against all these hands and are happy to have them fire at this flop. We also don't want to bloat the pot, because we have second pair -- a medium strength hand -- and if we lead out our opponent can reopen the betting as they did.

When we hit this turn and this river we should and must really continue in the pot. There isn't much to remark upon on those later streets! But definitely ask any questions if you have them

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 07:31 PM
(#19)
Hello Gareth, thank you for your hand review, I've taking your instructions on board, Now waiting to see what I must do so that I can get the other $2 and see if I can improve on my skill!!!

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 08:41 PM
(#20)
Great news!, I've Just passed the Cash game quiz at 85% although I could of done better but At least I passed wooo

What should I do next??

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com