Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL advice

Old
5NL advice - Wed Sep 26, 2012, 04:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
So I'm pretty comfortable with how I play 2NL and my BR does permit me to make the hop to 5nl, and want to know how 5NL compares to 2NL. Specifically are there as many limpers, or is it more aggressive?
More general advice for 5NL also welcome.

Also I know this is in the NLHE section, but would also like advice on the PLO tables as well. Saves having to start another thread. Call me lazy, but I might as well try and masquerade it as an attempt to be efficient! Just please don't hate me for it...

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Old
Fri Oct 05, 2012, 06:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi,

can i suggest that you post your questions about PLO in the 'other games forum' as you may well get some helpful advice there that you may not get in this forum.

Regarding moving up to 5nl, in my own experience i have not found very much difference, except that as you say, you get less limpers with the first to enter a pot more likely to raise than just call, but like everything poker, it depends. One thing i did notice on moving up was that my BR dropped significantly quicker on bad beats, or when i played a hand wrong.

Old
Fri Oct 05, 2012, 07:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Hey Wiltshireman,
Thanks for the confirmation. Will make a post about the PLO at some point, but poker is on a back foot at the moment, having just set up my Xbox Live account on my Xbox.

Having said that, I did hit a few 5NL tables between my post and signing up to XBL, largely are the same, and was able to hit a bit of a heater to go ~$7. So far so good, then. I'll just have to what and see how I hack it long term.

Thanks again.

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Old
Fri Oct 05, 2012, 07:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Your welcome, and best of luck.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com