Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Blanks bankroll builder

Old
Blanks bankroll builder - Thu Sep 27, 2012, 04:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Good day to all. I'd like to start with the promotion, I haven't passed the "poker basics" quiz yet. I've viewed some of the other topics and I see we have to play a play money game and post the replay as well as join a training session. The training session i want to do is at 3am in the morning. The one i don't really want to join is 9pm. Is it possible to carry on to the next step without joining a live training session? I can do one at a later stage when they do them at better times for me. Let me try fiddle with the replay vid.

I'll try the poker basics quiz in about 7 or so hours from now.

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 04:43 AM
(#2)
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

i realize now that i was in the early position so i should've been more careful. This was a freeroll and i was getting desperate. There was only 3 of us in the hand so i took a huge risk. Won't be doing that again. I did play a playmoney table but it didn't show up in hand history.

where to from here?

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 04:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Bl@nkD,

How are you? We'll advise on eligibility within the next 24 hours.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 09:23 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Bl@nkD,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline.

We like to start everyone, no matter how much experience they may have, off with the basics so to get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Good luck at the tables.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 02:27 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi Bl@nkD,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline.

We like to start everyone, no matter how much experience they may have, off with the basics so to get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Good luck at the tables.

Raiser
ok i attended the getting started at pokerstars training . I did try find the hand history for play money but it doesn't show up. I'm clicking on request - hand history but it shows other tables. I did post a video earlier in my post, isn't that good enough? oh and who will get assigned to me as my moderator/trainer/mentor person?

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 03:12 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl@nkD View Post
I did post a video earlier in my post, isn't that good enough? oh and who will get assigned to me as my moderator/trainer/mentor person?
Hi Bl@nkD,

I'll guide you through the promotion. Some hand analysers will jump in and analyse some of your hands from time to time. You'll get at least one reply from a team member here in your thread each day.

PokerStars doesn't email play money histories but you can get histories for a hand instantly while at the play money tables by selecting 'Previous Hand' like the instructor would have showed you how to do in the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' session.

You have learned how to use the replayer and this is good but the hand you posted was from a tournament.

Try a fullring or 6-max play money table, see if you can get the hand history, copy it into the replayer and post it in here. This is extremely important to learn how to do this. If you get stuck you can ask here for help or ask the trainer in the 'Getting Started' live training session again, he'll show you how.

Once you've done this we can move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 10:33 AM
(#7)

ok maybe i wasn't looking out for the straight, i was more focused on him having the ace. I was placing an information bet, i presumed that if he had the ace he would've raised. What could i have done better in this situation or what should i have done from the very beginning?

Ok so there's the video, what next?

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 10:43 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bl@nkD!

With K8o from the SB, I'm going to fold this preflop. It's not a strong enough hand to raise with and when I'm in the blinds, I want to be raising or folding since I'm going to have to play the rest of the hand out of position. Playing too many hands, especially from the small blind is a common error that many players do, and it will be a huge drain to their chip stack over time.

If I was in the hand, I would check the flop and hope to get a free card on the turn. I do get an 8 on the turn and here is where I would make a value bet and I would size it at 1/2 pot (75). When the opp calls this bet, since the river did not improve my hand, I'm going to check/fold the river and hope to get to a cheap showdown. I can't beat an A (likely that the opp could have this) nor a straight, nor 2 pair, nor an overpair. It's not worth putting more chips into a pot that I'm most likely not ahead in, as I don't want to be giving my chips away.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 10:53 AM
(#9)
yes it does thanx. I was trying to get him to fold as well. It's just surprising he held out till the river after i bet so much to try get him out. Ok I know where i went wrong, thanx. Basically you saying i shouldn't call on the SB unless i really have great cards.

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 11:35 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Ok so there's the video, what next?
Hi Bl@nkD,

Now your ready to have a go at passing the Basic Assessment quiz. Study the Poker Basic course first and spend some time on it, there's no need to rush it, digest all the information there.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 02:33 PM
(#11)
first few times i did the quiz i got like 2 or 3. Now i keep getting 8 e verytime i do it. Getting tired of this now. When i read the lessons i do understand it but don't know what im doing wrong in the quiz.

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 05:16 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
first few times i did the quiz i got like 2 or 3. Now i keep getting 8 e verytime i do it. Getting tired of this now. When i read the lessons i do understand it but don't know what im doing wrong in the quiz.
Hi Bl@nkD,

The quizzes are quite tough but I can assure you that all the answers to the questions can be found in the content of the course.

If while taking the quiz you find a question difficult write it down on a piece of paper and then post it in here and we'll discuss it.

I can't give you the answers but we can talk it through.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com