Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder thread

Old
Bankroll builder thread - Thu Sep 27, 2012, 09:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hi what I need to do next?

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 09:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marap659 View Post
Hi what I need to do next?
Hi marap659,

And welcome, we'll advise on eligibility within the next 24 hours.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
xcc - Thu Sep 27, 2012, 09:37 AM
(#3)
Okay

Old
Thu Sep 27, 2012, 11:08 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi marap659!

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline.

We like to start everyone, no matter how much experience they may have, off with the basics so to get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
hand - Thu Sep 27, 2012, 04:26 PM
(#5)
Hand

I have attended at live training session.(Team Full Ring Meeting 1)

Last edited by marap659; Thu Sep 27, 2012 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: misstake

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 05:14 AM
(#6)
Did I played this hand properly?

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 12:36 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi marap659!

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Introduction to Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. The other sessions are fine to attend too, but these are the ones that a member must attend to move to the next step in the promotion.

In the A5 hand, when it gets to me with the other three players limping, I'm going to check and see a free flop. If I did raise, then I would want to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I would raise to 60. A5 is a very marginal hand and I do not want to make an abnormally large raise with it. By keeping all of my raise sizes consistant, it helps to conceal the strength or weakness of my hand, as I'll make the same raise with any hand that I want to raise with.
The flop totally misses me and if I wanted to make a continuation bet here, I would bet 1/2 pot. Betting much less on the flop compared to my preflop raise and the size of the pot could easily be a tell that I have a weak hand... something that I do not want to do. I would check the flop AND the turn, since I do not have a made hand. I want to be value betting when I have the best hand, not blindly throwing chips into the pot when I do not have a made hand.
The river pairs my ace and here is where I would make another bet and I would size my river value bet at between 1/3 and 1/2 the size of the pot.

With 3 10 in the SB, when the others limp, this is an easy instant muck for me. I do not want to be playing bad cards out of position, so I will immediately muck them. Playing too many hands from the blinds is something that will be a very large chip leak over time. I worked hard to earn my chips and I do not want to give them away to the opponents.
If I was in the hand, when I hit bottom pair on the flop, I'm going to check and hope to improve my hand on the turn. If I did make a 1/2 pot bet here and anyone calls it, I'm not going to put another chip into the pot unless my hand improves. I should only be getting called by hands that are ahead of mine and I don't want to give chips away.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 04:10 PM
(#8)
I have registered waiting for start.

Old
abkk - Thu Oct 04, 2012, 04:29 PM
(#9)
I have attended to these courses but no response in this thread.

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 04:59 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi marap659!

Please tell us when you finish a quiz or attend the training sessions.

Now it's time to study the Poker Basics course and after you've studied it, try to pass the quiz.

Once you've passed it we'll award you your first $2 buy-in and continue on from there.

Please let me know when you do this.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 05:16 PM
(#11)
Poker Basic Quiz solved.

Old
jjj - Thu Oct 04, 2012, 05:32 PM
(#12)
Poker Basics quiz solved.

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 05:36 PM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi marap659!

It can take up to 24 hrs to have this register, which will allow us to proceed with the next step. Please be patient.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 06:16 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi marap659!

Your first $2 buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first $2 buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this $2.

Also, please attend an 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com