Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$3.50 HU game - whole game

Old
$3.50 HU game - whole game - Thu Sep 27, 2012, 07:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
if my opp is aggro it's seems to it that I'm lost

yeah he rivered me for a ooler but still he played a better game postflop than me because i think i fold twice to his riverbet bluff twice

thank you for the help

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 01:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Hand 16...v.good
Hand 17...

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 09:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
HU sngs aren't a strength of mine but as this has been hanging around I'll take a shot at it.

I think in the early stages you should probably cut down a bit on your opening range. You seem to have a 100% raising range from the button, which while position and aggression is all good, your opponent is soon going to know you're in there with weaker holdings. I'd probably lose the 82o and 93o type of hands and tighten up a bit so you get more respect when the blinds get bigger.

Also on the flip side if someone is folding a good % of their buttons to you, when they do raise you, 3 betting with Q9 and similar usually won't work out well.

I think you should just take your time a bit early on, feel your opponent out and then apply pressure later when the blinds get bigger. If he is aggro then get in spots where you can trap him, or create a tight image early on so your bluffs work later when it matters.

I'd also recommend watching the Spacegravy vid

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 06:43 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drarr View Post
HU sngs aren't a strength of mine but as this has been hanging around I'll take a shot at it.

I think in the early stages you should probably cut down a bit on your opening range. You seem to have a 100% raising range from the button, which while position and aggression is all good, your opponent is soon going to know you're in there with weaker holdings. I'd probably lose the 82o and 93o type of hands and tighten up a bit so you get more respect when the blinds get bigger.

Also on the flip side if someone is folding a good % of their buttons to you, when they do raise you, 3 betting with Q9 and similar usually won't work out well.

I think you should just take your time a bit early on, feel your opponent out and then apply pressure later when the blinds get bigger. If he is aggro then get in spots where you can trap him, or create a tight image early on so your bluffs work later when it matters.

I'd also recommend watching the Spacegravy vid
ty drarr

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com