Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Sep 27, 2012, 11:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
I signed up yesterday to PSO. I took the basic quiz and passed, but not by much. I didn't realize it was the Basic Quiz. I'm now working through the Poker Basics course.

My question is: Am I still eligible for the Bankroll Builder program?

I've never made a deposit yet, just started this week. I just heard about this program from TheLangolier during a training session.

Old
Fri Sep 28, 2012, 11:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Patience765,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline.

We like to start everyone, no matter how much experience they may have, off with the basics so to get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Unhappy
Hand Replayer - Hand I had trouble with - Sat Sep 29, 2012, 06:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 07:15 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Patience765!

With AQs, I want to make a standard raise preflop, which for me is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers in front of me, I'll raise to 5BB (1k). I'm hoping to build a pot and to get some of the other opps to fold, so that I can play the rest of the hand in position.

The flop gives me top pair/2nd kicker, but there is a club flush and a low straight draw that is possible. The SB now makes a min, abnormally small bet of 200 chips and two opps fold. I want to be raising here both for value and to give the opps a -EV (negative expected value) draw. Due to this, I will raise 2/3 this size of the pot, to 2400. Any smaller raise will build a pot where the opps expect to gain chips if they have a flush draw, not me gaining chips on average.

The turn completes the club flush, if that is what the opp is drawing to. They again make another very abnormally small bet. Here is where the decision in the hand is and it will depend on my read of the opp. If I think they hit the flush, then I need to fold. If I think they were not going for the flush, then I need to raise to 2/3 of the pot again (3200). Calling or any smaller raise will be a play where the opps again expect to gain chips... so I don't want to do that.

The opp that has min bet everything, now shoves the river. Top pair will almost always be behind here, so this is an easy fold for me, as all of the draws (flush or straight) have now hit and are ahead of me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 07:17 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Patience765!

Now it's time to study the Poker Basics course and after you've studied it, try to pass the quiz.

Also, please attend the 'Introduction to Bet Sizing' and 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training sessions.

Once you've passed it we'll award you your first $2 and continue on from there.

Please let me know when you do this.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com