Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 FR 4 bet 77 v agro 3bettor

Old
NL2 FR 4 bet 77 v agro 3bettor - Fri Sep 28, 2012, 01:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
hola !
got a cuple hands curious about all prety standard xecept this one in a way.

villain here ws on 2 of my tables and seated 2 seats to left on both, i was only 2 or 3 orbits in and already on my first steal he 3 bet me so i folded my wekish hand, on other table i dont think he notised it wqas me also,and he did exactely the same thing 2 hands in a row, so next orbit i raise 77 he 3 bets me yet again, im thinking now for sure he's obv light and im not leting him get away with running all over me so i 4 bet , he calls, and i would expect this player to bet out here, but he checks, so i bet 1/2 pot....

i think this is a good flop to carry on the bluff, what im curious about tho, is should i just fold 3 times in a row to agro 3 bettor on button everytime, wait for a better hand or was it fine what i did?

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...612_6D315F06E8

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Taxed,

Not quite clear if it's actually 3 times in a row on this table, or over both combined, but yes I would still fold here preflop. It's not clear to me that he's doing it light, and in fact if he is 3-betting you light, he's much more likely to have a hand the 4th time imo. And if he IS 3-betting you rampantly, he will continue doing so, you'll get him in a much worse spot than turning 77 into a bluff. A way to counter this until you do is to reduce your LP steals a bit, and also you can adjust your raise sizing with hands like 77 so min-raise instead of 3x. Then if he 3-bets a normal amount (relative to your raise size), you'll actually have a correct price to set mine him and flat him more often in position, plus it will reduce the price on your 4b resteals.

We should expect him to check the flop, you're the preflop aggressor having 4b, checking to you is standard. I think c-betting this board is fine as a preflop 4-bettor, we can sometimes get him to lay down better pairs, and hands like AQ that have equity in the pot will fold as well so we deny them a chance to realize their equity.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 01:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
ok i think ill raise smaller against these types, just tilts me a bit, altho i do it myself haha...i put his 3 beting light range into pokerstove, and all the hands i put in had me at 70% favorite to 30% on this board, but if the board was diffrent i mite get confused.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com