Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 FR set- funny line

Old
NL2 FR set- funny line - Fri Sep 28, 2012, 01:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
hi
do u think this is funny line after the guy raises me on flop, i go for the check raise on turn as i knew by feel he was gonna bet turn, i could have led out again or check called but i check raise, then when a 3rd flush card comes out on river i just push the rest in maybe i should check here coz a flush makes sense for his raise on flop altho the ace flush card is there i m more thinking he has some sort of ace?

just curous about my line, i check raise in this spot quite alot.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...927_0E0A52DC32

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 03:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Taxed,

I don't really like the tricky line here, with an ace on board + a flush draw, I would actually prefer to take a bet/3b line right on the flop. This villain is most likely on a flush draw or decent ace to raise on the flop, and as I don't expect them to release any of this to a flop 3b by us, go ahead and make it to get them hooked in deeper right now and give them a chance to get stacks in as well.

Sometimes people will raise this flop with a flush draw as a semi-bluff, but when you (the preflop raiser) calls, they will believe you have at worst (and most likely) AK/AQ type hands, and will (if they are smart) check behind the turn with their flush draws and take a free card... which of course is a disaster for you. In this case he bet the turn, but he was not on a draw AND he could beat AK, so of course he bet again for value. It worked nicely because of his actual holding, but I think in the long run you're costing yourself some value with this line when opponents check back their draws and AT type hands.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 01:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
thanks dave good to see others opinion, i agree with the 3 bet flop line, usually i would do this i just trying diffrent lines to try get more money as i get alot of folds somtimes wen show alot of strenght.!
I try and stik to a thing i learnt before......''try and lose the least money in the pots u loose and try win the most money in pots u win''.!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com