Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 6 max zoom JJ multi way

Old
NL2 6 max zoom JJ multi way - Fri Sep 28, 2012, 07:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
hi.
do u think i played this too nitty,?.. i just called the flop bet instead of rasing to keep the other in the pot but they folded, i hit boat on turn and call the bet hoping to get villain more pot committed and get them all in on river, then im thinking usually wen i do this they turn over a higher boat(played passively obv)

edit.. what im kindov meening is if u dont actuallly have the stone cold nuts , is there any point reraising the river, ur only really gonna get called by the better hand, looking back at this hand tho i think i could of got payed off if i reraised by any ace..!?

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...945_891B14218A

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Fri Sep 28, 2012 at 07:36 PM..

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 03:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Taxed,

First off with a half-ish stack guy opening I like 3-betting JJ for isolation and value here preflop.

Raise the flop would be good. Definitely raising the turn. This is really a great scenario for middle set... vs the preflop raiser with an ace on the board. He barrels flop and turn, he's going to have a lot of big aces in his range and he is probably never going to dream of folding AK or AQ. With a flush draw present I prefer raising now, as a 3rd flush card that doesn't fill up AK/AQ will look scary to him with you just calling along, and we may not get stack action on the river. If the board were dry then calling is optimal against many opponnets, since no scary draw can complete the river... it allows you to fold if the board double pairs, flat call if the river is a K or Q, and raise all in on any other river card for value as he will pay off with AK/AQ. And in the small likelihood he's barreling with air you get 3 streets out of it before lowering the boom.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 04:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrGetinTaxed View Post
is there any point reraising the river, ur only really gonna get called by the better hand, looking back at this hand tho i think i could of got payed off if i reraised by any ace..!?
This is an excellent thought btw and an important concept, if a bet or raise will only get called by better hands, then there is no value in making a value bet.

In this case I do think the guy is paying off with his trip aces, especially since you can look like you are making a bluff at it with a busted flush draw now. And his range is largely weighted to trip aces, AK, AQ, AT... so yeah I like raising the river and since I think he probably can't find a fold, shoving is fine imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 01:30 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
thanks i dont know whats wrong with me i played that lame,!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com