Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Sat Sep 29, 2012, 03:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
I hav won some tournys and gone broke all the way ...at pokerstars have 2 vipp ,am i eligible ?as i never used pokerschool other than bog reading before?

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 03:29 AM
(#2)
i hav started the thread ,wat's next?

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 06:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GINITIA View Post
I hav won some tournys and gone broke all the way ...at pokerstars have 2 vipp ,am i eligible ?as i never used pokerschool other than bog reading before?
Hi GINITTA,

We will advise you within 24 hours as to whether or not you are eligible for this promotion.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 06:57 AM
(#4)
Ok thanks man....

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 06:58 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i hav started the thread ,wat's next?
Hi GINITIA,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 11:47 AM
(#6)

where i went wrong with king queens because i would never want such a little pair of deuces to make me muck i could have won.

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 12:15 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi GINITIA!

One goal when playing poker is to not be results oriented. We want to make the best decisions at the time based on all of the information that we are given.

With KQo, I would make a standard preflop raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper), so I would raise to 30.

The flop is a total miss for my hand. Since I raised preflop, I would make a continuation bet here and I will size it at a pot sized bet (200). I'd make the bet larger than my std c-bet of 1/2 pot due to having 4 opps in the hand and a possible flush draw. I want to get some of the opps to fold and also if anyone does call, then I won't put another chip into the pot unless I improve my hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 01, 2012, 08:17 AM
(#8)
THanks i will keep that in ma mind...i have done both poste=ing a complicated hand and also takin part in live session of begginers at pokerstars live training,wat's next?

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 11:11 PM
(#9)
thanks i will keep that in ma mind ......i hav done takin part in live session of beginners at pokerstars live training ....i took the basic course and taking basic quiz lets see wat happpens

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 02:10 AM
(#10)
reply me bra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 04:30 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
reply me bra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
Hi GINITIA,

Next step is to pass the Basic Assessment quiz.

Once you have done this we will award you your first $2 and continue on from there

Let me know when you have passed it and good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
passsed da quiz - Thu Mar 21, 2013, 11:24 PM
(#12)
i have finally passed the quiz,sir..plz reply me soon sir

Last edited by GINITIA; Thu Mar 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM..

Old
paased the quiz - Thu Mar 21, 2013, 11:31 PM
(#13)
sorry for being late on to you....plz will reply me ASAP

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 07:33 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i have finally passed the quiz,sir..plz reply me soon sir
Brilliant!

You'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
why a player bets big...... - Sat Mar 23, 2013, 10:06 PM
(#15)
the three reasons are

1- to protect against strong draws
2-to gain value from very strong hands
3-to bluff people with decent hands

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:06 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let me know as soon as you pass the quiz

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
passed the cash game quiz - Wed Apr 03, 2013, 10:06 PM
(#17)
sir,
i have passed the cash game quiz

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 05:10 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
sir,
i have passed the cash game quiz
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
still didnt got my bonus... - Thu Apr 04, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#19)
sir,
with all due respect...i am still running blank on pokerstars cashier,i haven't got my bonus ,till now.

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 07:00 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
sir,
with all due respect...i am still running blank on pokerstars cashier,i haven't got my bonus ,till now.
OK, let me check this out for you, it may take up to 24 hours to find out why, please check back this time tomorrow for an answer.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com