Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder for Ted Light

Old
Bankroll Builder for Ted Light - Sat Sep 29, 2012, 05:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hello,

I've yet to make a deposit. But I've passed Basic course.
Do I qualify for this promotion?

Ted Light.

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 06:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Light View Post
Hello,
Ted Light.
Hi Ted Light,

We will advise you within 24 hours as to whether or not you are eligible for this promotion.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 06:59 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,
Ted Light.
Hi Ted Light,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
STT: Middle Phase Play - Sat Sep 29, 2012, 07:54 AM
(#4)
Hello Raiser,

Thank you for your quick response.

I've had trouble with this hand. So I'd like to hear your opinion.

The situation is I'm short stacked about 16BB in middle phase of the Open Skill League Tournament. And blinds about to go up with making me 12BB.

Given the situation to me I folded the hand but I had my doubts with if I should played aggressively calling all in before blinds could get me. Assuming I'm playing with 12BB.

Ted Light.

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 10:19 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ted Light!

With this being a skill league game, the strategy is totally different compared to a cash tourney or cash ring game. In the league games, I want to be taking zero chances, regardless of my chip stack. The goal in them is to last as long as possible, to accumulate more league points. I also do not want to ever be all-in, unless I'm sure that I will have the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board. The only hands I'm even considering going all-in preflop with are premium, made hands (QQ, KK, AA). Playing marginal hands aggressively, is normally a recipe for disaster in these games.

With 55 here, I could do two things here. First is to fold, especially if any of the opps are playing aggressively. The other is to call and try to flop a set. I'd normally like to have 15BB when setmining, but since this is a league game, I'll do it with less chips. However, if I do call, then I'm not putting any more chips into the pot unless I hit a set.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 10:20 AM
(#6)
Hello Raiser,

I've attended the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. I'm ready to move on to the next stage.

Ted Light.

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 10:25 AM
(#7)
Hello John,

Thank you for your reply. Beside a skill league game, I'm really interested in cash ring game and the strategy to work it through.

Ted Light.

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 10:31 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ted!

For a cash tourney, I'd make a standard raise (3BB+1BB for each limper) or fold. If I had 10BB... then I'd shove preflop.

For a cash ring game, I'd make a std raise and go from there if I wanted to play the hand. It could also be a fold.

Table dynamics, especially how aggressive the opps were playing would definitely factor into whether or not I would be in the hand. The more passive the table is, the more I'm raising and playing the hand. The more aggressive the table is, the more I'm folding because if I get 3-bet, with a marginal hand like 55, I can't call the 3-bet.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 10:58 AM
(#9)
Hello John,

I want to know about how much time is needed to achieve 20VPP through 0.01$/0.02$ cash ring game? (With 1 table/ With Multiple table)

Also, when I play the satellite ticket tourneys, should I play with STT strategy? I can't seem to differentiate between STTs and MTTs through the information in STT/MTT course.

Ted Light.

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 11:30 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Ted Light,

I'll ask John to answer your question but please also note that the Bankroll Builder is purely a cash game promotion.

Now that you've learned how to use the hand replayer and attended the 'Getting Started' class it's time to earn your first $2.

You can earn this by studying the Poker Basics course and passing the Basic Assessment quiz.

Take your time studying this course as it will make it easier to pass the quiz. Once you have passed it your $2 will be credited to your account within 24 hours of passing it.

Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Please post back here when you get your first $2 and we'll continue from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 11:37 AM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Hello John,

I want to know about how much time is needed to achieve 20VPP through 0.01$/0.02$ cash ring game? (With 1 table/ With Multiple table)

Also, when I play the satellite ticket tourneys, should I play with STT strategy? I can't seem to differentiate between STTs and MTTs through the information in STT/MTT course.

Ted Light.
Hi Ted!

For the time to get to 20VPP... it depends. It could be anything from a few hours to a few weeks. It will depend on how many pots I'm in and how aggressively the opps are playing.

Satellites play more like a combo between MTT strategy and league game strategy. In STT's, I need to be much more aggressive than in MTT's or sattys. The key in satellites is that whenever I hit however many chips I think I need to get the ticket... then I'm not playing another hand regardless. It doesn't matter whether I have 1 chip or a million chips... all that matters is that I get a ticket.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 29, 2012, 11:44 AM
(#12)
Hello Raiser,

As I mentioned above, I've already passed Basic Assessment quiz. So does that mean I can't get this promotion?

Ted Light.

Old
Sun Sep 30, 2012, 05:45 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello Raiser,
As I mentioned above, I've already passed Basic Assessment quiz. So does that mean I can't get this promotion?
Ted Light.
Don't worry, your still eligible!

Now that you have passed the quiz your first $2 will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first $2 to then play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another $2 should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend both the 'Bet Sizing' and 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training sessions. These sessions are found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com