Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My Bankroll Builder

Old
My Bankroll Builder - Sun Sep 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Hi.

I have not made a deposit but have answered the Poker Basics course ,what should I do now?

Thanks.

Old
Sun Sep 30, 2012, 10:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Marsupiano79!

We will advise within 24 hours whether or not you're eligible and what the next step will be if you are.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 01, 2012, 10:59 AM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Marsupiano79,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one each of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 06:05 PM
(#4)
Thank you for attention,

I have attended the two live training sessions, and I have particular difficult in playing this hands. It`s interesting being more agressive or more passive on them?

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 06:07 PM
(#5)

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 06:23 PM
(#6)
The Villain 4 had AA in the last hand

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 06:54 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Marsupiano79!

With AQ in the SB, I want to make a standard raise, which for me is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With one limper, I'll raise to 4BB, which here is to 40 chips. I want to keep my raises standard, so that the opps are kept guessing as to which cards I'm playing.
The flop is 3 under cards. With making a raise preflop, I'm going to c-bet here and size it at 1/2 the size of the pot (55 chips).
The turn is a total miss for me. After the opp calls my first two bets, I'm going to check the turn here for pot control. Plus, the opp could easily be ahead of me by having a pocket pair or by hitting a card on the board.
The river pairs the turn. Same situation here, I'm going to check and hope to get to showdown.
The key thing to remember on the turn/river is that the bet sizes on these streets need to be in relation to the size of the pot. Since the pot is larger than on the flop, I need to bet an according % of the pot on these streets... to make these bets believable. However in a situation like this, I try to use pot control unless my hand improves.

With J7s in position, I could raise to 4BB (3BB+1BB for each limper) or I could call and play the rest of the hand in postion.
I flop top pair with a bad kicker. When it checks to me, I'm going to make a value bet of 1/2 pot in this situaion. I want to get value for my top pair and see if I can get 1 or 2 of the opps to drop, so that I can play the rest of the hand with less players.
The turn gives me a flush draw and now the SB leads out for a 3/4 pot bet. A5 already has a straight and there are straight and flush draws out there. I'm just going to call this bet. I may or may not have the best hand, so I don't want to raise unless I have the best hand.
The river gives me a flush and the SB makes a very small bet again that is called by the 2nd opp. I'm going to raise this bet for value and will size it at between 1/2 and the size of the pot.. whatever amount I think the opps will call.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 06:56 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Marsupiano79!

Now it's time to study the Poker Basics course and after you've studied it, try to pass the quiz.

Once you've passed it we'll award you your first $2 and continue on from there.

Please let me know when you do this.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 07:05 PM
(#9)
Hi JWK24,
Thank you for instructions.
I need to adjust my bets for the pot size.

I have already passed the Quiz.

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 07:17 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Marsupiano79!

Your first $2 will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first $2 to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first $2 and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this $2.

Also, please attend the 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training sessions. This should help too.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 08:48 PM
(#11)
PokerStars Hand #87071994912: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2012/10/02 21:43:25 BRT [2012/10/02 20:43:25 ET]
Table 'Alrisha III' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Sp1interok ($4.21 in chips)
Seat 3: yasmin2555 ($1.57 in chips)
Seat 4: Fre.dXx ($2 in chips)
Seat 5: Marsupiano79 ($1.86 in chips)
Seat 6: couRrrage ($2.28 in chips)
yasmin2555: posts small blind $0.01
Fre.dXx: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Marsupiano79 [Kh Ks]
Marsupiano79: calls $0.02
couRrrage: raises $0.08 to $0.10
Sp1interok: folds
yasmin2555: calls $0.09
Fre.dXx: folds
Marsupiano79: raises $0.30 to $0.40
couRrrage: calls $0.30
yasmin2555: calls $0.30
*** FLOP *** [8s Ts Qc]
yasmin2555: checks
Marsupiano79: bets $1.46 and is all-in
couRrrage: raises $0.42 to $1.88 and is all-in
yasmin2555: calls $1.17 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($0.42) returned to couRrrage
*** TURN *** [8s Ts Qc] [4h]
*** RIVER *** [8s Ts Qc 4h] [5d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Marsupiano79: shows [Kh Ks] (a pair of Kings)
couRrrage: shows [8h Th] (two pair, Tens and Eights)
couRrrage collected $0.56 from side pot
yasmin2555: shows [As Js] (high card Ace)
couRrrage collected $4.56 from main pot

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 08:58 PM
(#12)

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 09:00 PM
(#13)
All my money in a bed beat, or not?

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 10:35 PM
(#14)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Mars,

Don't really like limp-reraising, generally just open the action for a raise yourself. The reraise size is fine (could even be a little higher) and post flop with the pot this bloated we are definitely committed and shoving is fine imo, plenty worse can call at this point.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 05:59 AM
(#15)
Hi

Thank you for your analysing.

I have attended the Entering a Cash Game Pot live training and completed the Cash Game Quiz. How about the second bonus?

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 10:48 AM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Marsupiano79!

Congrats on passing the course. The next $2 will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours. Remember to use the information learned in the course and training sessions when you use this $2 to play the 1/2 cent tables.

Good luck at the tables and please let us know what happens while playing, especially if there are any hands that you have problems with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 02:14 PM
(#17)
I lost all of my money again, and did not get the 10 FPP, I have only 8. How can I receive the last bankroll?

The mainly hands that it happens

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 10:26 PM
(#18)
Hi,

How can I improve those hands and get the last $2?

Thank you very much for helping me. I feel a better player now.

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 10:40 PM
(#19)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Mars,

The story is really the same in both of them... don't play marginal holdings. Both hands are very weak holdings, in the K2 hand don't limp in with it and don't call a raise with it... if the players behind you are tight you can open raise first in as a steal, but otherwise just fold.

In the 2nd hand don't call a raise with J5, this is just asking for trouble. Then on a coordinated flop he continuation bets into 2 players which looks really strong, and you raised all in with a gut shot and back door flush draw. You don't really have enough money to get any kind of decent hand to fold, and your hand equity is poor with this weak a draw as well, so again this is just a spot to be folding.

Ultimately tighten up a lot of the loose preflop calls and start with stronger hands and you'll avoid a lot of these bad spots. Once you gain experience you might loosen up a bit, but then you'll understand why and what situations are good for that. Neither of these were imo.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 03:50 PM
(#20)
Thank you for explanation TheLangolier, I just overvalued my hands, I need to stop playing marginal hands.

"After completing the cash game quiz, there are three ways you can earn two additional buy-ins**:
Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.
If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in."

I have lost all my money and have only 8 FPP, how can I earn two additional buy-ins?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com