Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6max: KK against huge flop raise

Old
2NL 6max: KK against huge flop raise - Sun Sep 30, 2012, 10:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011

First hand I've played against this guy, have no notes on him. Lets take a guess at his hand here.

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 09:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi Craig

This is one of those situations where our opponent looks like he has a set.

Preflop he limped into the pot when he had an opportunity to raise and steal the blinds. But instead he tried to see the flop as cheaply as possible and raised very large on a board a) with no draws and b) that hits small pocket pairs pretty well.

On the flop he takes a very aggressive line. I would just fold, to be honest. Its 25bb, our equity is very bad when we are behind a set, or say slowplayed AA. So we can fold the best hand some amount of the time and still be getting the wrong price to continue.

This is a situation where in my sessions I try to fold and move on and forget about it since dwelling on it will be a distraction for the rest of your session.

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 10:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
This seems to be a hand I played very badly in this situation then, I actually pushed him all in only thinking about my cards and not what his range could be.

I guess I got lucky when he showed up with KJo, looking at your thoughts on it though this was definitely a bad play.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com