Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Top 50 skill league

Old
Top 50 skill league - Tue Oct 02, 2012, 01:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
As some of you know i managed to qualify for the premier skill league in just 6 days coming from 10000th ish to finish 312th after trying my best if id of played all the way through and took it seriously i really do think i could of won it just my opinion well in just 6 days i earned 631.57 points i was on 1671.23 and i finished on 2198 points the winner finished on 2794 and i only played properly for 6 days so if you the math if id of gotten in and around the same points for another 6 days id of been up there and all the other days to go as well so IF id of taken it seriously and played them all from the beginning but im happy with what ive achieved and ive set myself a goal i want to finish in the top 50 this month for the skill league i think i will achieve this maybe higher who knows but if i can play to my best every game then i may just win it maybe a little to confident there haha will update everyday when it starts stedds

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 05:20 AM
(#2)
so it begins played my first one and finished 34th not bad as i was card dead pretty much all the way through and sorry for knocking you out edinfreeman was good playing with you for the time you was on my table hopefully can keep stringing some good results together and maybe make a ft on the next one later

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 10:58 PM
(#3)
so the 1st game went good then since that ive been card dead in all games missed quite a few sorting my sleeping pattern back out as the time are set differently and there a lot worse so been trying to get a good sleep in and worked out i will only be sleeping 4 hours if that if i run good in the 20:00et game so yea been getting a few extra hours in to sort the pattern out thats sorted ish lol but just running on a down swing at the minute and trying to adjust to the play of the skill league studying the players more taking alot of notes colour coding players heard a few saying to play looser in early stages as the structure is pretty good but being card dead cant really get a lot of hands in not even getting suited connectors like since the 1st game the first day ive not been higher that 8% in hands played over the coarse of a game tried to loosen up but when the cards arnt with you and people are raising alot its hard to take more chances and ive noticed the pots get bloated really qucik in these but hopefully will start running good sooner rather than later

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 01:21 PM
(#4)
update missed nearly two days of play having to sort some stuff out caught the last game and got in the money to put some points on the board although not many for some reason ive just played the 08:00et game made the final table for the first time and finished 1st WHOOP I WON MY FIRST PREMIER LEAGUE GAME dont no how leading up to the final table i only so the flop 20 times out of 259 hands and 32% of them hands were in the big blind that people had limped round to me and i got a free flop played 9% in small blind 3 out of 31 times and 6 out 199 times in other posistion which was 3% so total of 7% played the whole way through i dont no why but no one was calling my raises all the way through i was just picking up blinds when i did but as soon as i didnt play a hand there was action all over the place dont no what the reasons for that is maybe they looked me up or sin something anyone care to explain please lol i no these stats are way to low but i just haveent been getting action or the hands but obviously the hands i do get called with ive been making maximum value out of them so thats a plus i think hopefully can keep this up and make my goal come true

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 07:27 PM
(#5)
so after winning the 1pm game this afternoon i jumped from 1024th up to 85th happy days just finished playing the second one of the day and i made another final table i come 2nd in this one woop playing really well at the minute hope it continues playing the next one soon will update again after thanks to everyone that railed me gl psoers

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 09:55 PM
(#6)
so last one done for the didnt go as planned finished about 80th ish got put on a table full of maniacs raising 8bb then reraising to 20bb the shoving was a night mare a few of them i would of played heads up but there was 5 of them playing everyhand no matter what got raised so it wasnt worth the risk then the blinds just ate me up as i was card dead hope for another good run tomorrow

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 11:45 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2012
Keep up stedds !! NJ today !! GL !!

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 12:40 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
Congrats and Keep it up

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 07:43 AM
(#9)
cheers guys will do my best

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 04:58 PM
(#10)
so had one cash since yesterday then ive been donked out twice on the bubble once by K5o calling all in for 18k blinds at 500 1k i had AK so u can guess what he hit and now just been donked out by K2o about 7 before the bubble called my all in to leave himself not even 1bb and hits typical fags getting paid of as usual starting to get annoyed now as its cost me 7 posistions in the league cos of the ******* idiots playing any two cards in any posistion and you can proberbly guess where they come from its either a russian a belarus player or a romaninan

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 02:14 PM
(#11)
so yet again i get luckboxed by some tosspot who cant fold any pair i opened up for 111 utg i get a call and a re raise to 480 so i think for a minute and decide to shove my KK all in player snap calls with out thinking and turns 99 and yea you can guess the result he turned a 9 preictable tards getting payed again

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 08:55 PM
(#12)
yet again got knocked out by a tard playing every hand u probs all no the player nina the ******* fishy tard i have pocket 10s she has pocket 6s dont need to say what happened it was predictable the tards always get paid off if it carrys on then i aint bothering i aint staying up till 2 3am just to keep gettin luckboxed every night and getting up at 6 30am to get donked trying my best to do well in this league and i keep getting donked ny some first class spanners im having 4 hours sleep a day/night if that everyday to do well but getting to the stage where i aint even going to bother with it and you can say its variance but tahts aload of nonsense its just idiots playing any 2 cards that will call any raise out of posistion any where with k2o k5o the league semed good to start but its getting worse day by day ul probs say ur just ranting and moaning cos ur not winning or getting points every game i wouldnt even be bothered if got knocked by a legit hand but to keep getting knocked out by players who are playing every dam hand is a joke rant over team u may aswell delete this post becuase i wont be updating anymore and dont no how to delete it just says edit and thats it cheers

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 09:05 PM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2011
Remember your image is as important as the image you have on others. Don't just call someone a luckbox because they beat your premium with a worse hand. It's easier raising with 66 than calling with it. If you called with TT then that could be your leak and not his push.

If you use a HUD (I do) people and players can change their game so a HUD is not as effective in a MTT or STT as it is in cash.

I lasted 2 months in the Premier League before being relegated and I feel I'm an OK player. There's a lot of decent players there that value this tournament because of the rewards. Just don't discount players because they bad beat you.

The premier league only requires 5 games iirc. You don't need to play every game. Just play 5 and evaluate your score, if you think you need more points then play more but you don't need to play every game.

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 10:07 PM
(#14)
i raised the TT she flat called just the same as every hand from the start she hadnt folded a hand someone raised 138 from utg+1 comes to her in the small blind and she shoves all in 5k blinds 30 60 he calls he turns KK she turns A8o and bink she hits the ace on the turn few hands later someone has QQ he raises she shoves all in again 8k A3o and what do you no she hit and ace again then never folded another hand was donking everyone comes to mine i raise she calls flops all low she was raising in to every pot betting bigger than pot with air she raised pot i re raised all in as if i called i would of been shortish she snap calls bam she hits a set thats what u cal a donk hitting every hand and im playing to win the league not play 5 games over the month to try stay in it im here to win anyone can squeak out to stay in or get demoted thats ur style i wanna be the best and il play every game for the next year if i have to just to win it im good enough to i no i am ive already had a 1st and 2nd in back to back games just cba with getting knocked out by pure idiots that wanna play bingo or any 2 cards

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 09:30 AM
(#15)
just a countless bunch of bad beats every game cant do anything right the goal now is changed to stay in the premier league

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:39 AM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2011
Frustrating times eh. Currently I'm 140th in the league. As the bankroll challenge finishes today I'll see if I can play more league games. Hopefully give you a run for your money in the league. My first time this month in the premier league. Is it yours?

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
(#17)
I was relegated Stedds after 2 months, I haven't tried to get back but that may change some day. Don't think you will become a world beater after a few months practice.

There are a LOT of decent players in this, staying there is a challenge in itself. As I said there are a few Platinum Stars that play in this knowing the value.

This site is a great aid to pointing you in the right direction but the only person that can make it work is you.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#18)
And on that QQ hand, just shove the flop, you have no chips left to bully after he calls. Look also at his cards and how he perceives you playing. If you're loose aggressive and you've been caught shoving AK in the same spot can you really blame his call?

You can't always justify why a player makes the decisions but sometimes it's your fault why they do (not saying you were to blame in the hand BTW.)

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 03:06 PM
(#19)
yea very willhebe was 4th for a few days come 1st and 2nd in back to back games was running really well then bang been hit with the biggest downswing ive ever had and its crippled me down to 123rd in the league bit gutted at the minute and a cat would give me a run at the min cant hit anything literally and gl mate its mine aswell and ovalman and i dont expect to be the best in a few months but the results ive had prove im good enough and have the skills to win the league but i cant win with weak players calling any 2 cards can i ive seen one platinum temprolive or summer like that and i had played 1 or 2 hands if that from the start so they new i was playing tight from that posistion but he wasnt folding either way gl on coming back up mate

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 08:15 PM
(#20)
hopefully ack on a better streak now come 16th in the 14et game and moved up to 50th long way off where i was but hey ho we will see

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com