Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Oct 02, 2012, 05:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi please inform me if i qualify. Thank you

Old
Tue Oct 02, 2012, 06:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi guts90,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline.

We'll advise within the next 24 hours if your eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion.

In the mean time feel free to browse www.pokerschoolonline.com. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PokerSchoolOnline has to offer.

Thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 03, 2012, 05:18 AM
(#3)
Hi guts90,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 08:37 AM
(#4)
Thank you CannonLee. I attended the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training session and learnt a few feactures i was unaware of. I will post s hand a hand soon. Cheers Guts90

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 10:38 AM
(#5)

Old
Sun Oct 07, 2012, 08:29 AM
(#6)
Hi guts90,

is a very nice hand!

This scenario being in the small blind with and 5 limpers ahead of us, I'd raise 4x the big blind + 1 big blind for each limper so a total raise size of 100.

Dealing flop:
Post flop I am first to act with 6 players behind me. There is a really wide limp/call range of hands that connected with this flop (ex. KJ, KT, K9, KQ, K7+, JQ, JT, J9, J7+ also let's factor in suited hands like + etc..)

I will be checking for pot control as I do not want to be playing an inflated pot out of position on a flop,
I also might call a bet depending on my pot/implied odds as we have a gut shot straight draw + a back door flush draw.

Dealing turn:
I now have turned the nut flush draw. I could lead out for a bet of 1/2 pot as a semi-bluff (entirely depends on player tendencies at the table/reads) or check call for pot control again as if I'm to bet and get raised I'm just charging myself extra to draw..

Dealing river:
I now have the nut flush. I will be betting half pot for value.

Very nice win! That was a huge pot! Remember this, it's not about winning the most pots it's about winning the biggest pots.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck to you at the tables.

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Oct 07, 2012 at 08:44 AM..

Old
Sun Oct 07, 2012, 08:56 AM
(#7)
Your first buy-in will be credited to your account within 24 hours. Use this buy-in to play the real money 1/2 cent 9 - Max NLHE cash game tables. Play only these tables to continue in this promotion and earn more buy-ins.

Please let me know when you have received your buy - in and we'll continue from there.

Also, Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Good luck!

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Oct 07, 2012 at 09:02 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 12:39 AM
(#8)
Hi CannonLee,

I appologize for the delay in my reply.

Thank you for the detailed advice above and the buy-in I received.

I think i did ok at first on the 1/2 cent 9 - Max NLHE , then with no doubt due to lack of experience and too much wine, made some very stupid calls and lost it.

Regards
Guts90

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:41 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guts90 View Post
Hi CannonLee,

I appologize for the delay in my reply.

Thank you for the detailed advice above and the buy-in I received.

I think i did ok at first on the 1/2 cent 9 - Max NLHE , then with no doubt due to lack of experience and too much wine, made some very stupid calls and lost it.

Regards
Guts90
Hi,

Anytime you want advice during the Bank Roll Builder training, let me know.. I'm here to assist you!
Would you like to post some of the hand histories from that last session for analysis? Since it's been a while from the last time you have posted here, below is a brief video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer..just to get familiarized again

You will need to take the Cash Game Quiz, please let me know once you have passed it and your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you!

CannonLee

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 08:53 PM
(#10)
Hi CannonLee,

I would like to post some of the hands from that very vague session though i will have to hunt them down. In the meantime here are two hands from a very recent Open Skill tourney.

This first hand i felt i had a good read on the other players and thanked the poker gods for my AA's. Did i make the right move by shoving straight up or could i have milked it a bit more by betting 3or4xBB plus 1BB for each limper?

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 09:12 PM
(#11)
This second hand i am not sure of at all. Getting late into the game i felt at that moment it was time to make a move to build my stack.

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:27 PM
(#12)
Hi,

If you email support@pokerstars.com and request the most recent real money hand histories they'll send them to you, find the key hands that you had difficulty with and I'll assist you.

Have you completed the Cash Game Quiz yet?

CannonLee

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 03:29 AM
(#13)
Cheers mate, thumbs up, I am with the plan now

I just passed the cash game test,phew!!

Last edited by guts90; Fri Nov 30, 2012 at 03:54 AM..

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:30 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post
Hi,
If you email support@pokerstars.com and request the most recent real money hand histories they'll send them to you, find the key hands that you had difficulty with and I'll assist you.
Well done on the quiz!

Where you able to obtain the hand histories that lost the 1st buy-in of your last 1/2c 9-max NLHE session?

>>click here<< for a complete overview of how buy-ins are awarded.

CannonLee

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 01:55 AM
(#15)
Hi CannonLee.

I just sent off a request for my hand histories.As soon as i receive them i will let you know.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com