Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

online free roll show first 10 hand no history with oponenets

Old
online free roll show first 10 hand no history with oponenets - Thu Oct 04, 2012, 04:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
these were consecutive hands i want to know if i played them ok

Old
sorry - Thu Oct 04, 2012, 08:44 PM
(#2)
SilverStar
what i wanted to say was this was within the first ten hands hence i didn't know what range i can put my oponents on

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 08:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi danan758!

With 99 from the SB and a limp, min-raise and a call in front of me, my stack is plenty deep to setmine, so I'll call and hope to flop a set.

I flop the second best thing for my 99, three under cards. Since I'm out of position and I don't want to take the risk of giving someone a free card to hit an overcard, I'm going to lead this flop for my standard value bet of 1/2 pot (150). I want to get value from my overpair, try to eliminate players with overcards that can outdraw me, along with giving an opp the wrong price to draw to a gutshot low straight. When the opp in position bets, I'm happy to see it and call, as it'd be better if I made the bet and took control of the hand.

The exact same thing for the turn. I want to lead here for 1/2 pot to get value for my overpair and to give an opp drawing at a straight or two overcards the wrong price to do so.

The river gives me the 2nd nuts (22 is the nuts). Here, I want to make whatever bet I feel the opp will call. 1/3 pot, 1/2 pot, etc... whatever I think the opp will call, as I want to get some value for my hand.
---------------------

With 44 from the button, this once again is a great position to call to setmine, but unlike the last hand, this time I get the added bonus of being in poaition.

The flop is a miss for me and everyone, including the preflop raiser check. Here is where I want to use my position and make a std value bet of 1/2 pot. I will get value from my pair, can thin the field and also to define my opps hands much better. I can win the pot now, or if called, then I can maybe use my position to get a free river card if they check to me again.

The turn pairs the board and now the preflop raiser leads into me. Since I did not bet the flop to get value and define the opp's hand, I have absolutely no clue whether this bet is a total bluff or a slowplayed monster flop. Due to this, I'm mucking. I only want to be calling bets with a draw where I'm priced in and can make the best hand (I've got 2 outs that may not even be good).

The same thing for the river. By not taking the initiative on the flop, I have no clue whether I have the best hand or not, so I'll fold.

Hope this helps and if you haven't watched it, you may want to check Dave's video on position and it's advantages.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
ko - Thu Oct 04, 2012, 09:05 PM
(#4)
SilverStar
so i got position with the 4s ok....
so when the flop comes no one bets
there were 4 players in that hand so here is why i played the way i did
if you check the flop you are giving the other oponents free cards here so if u had hit that board in any way u would bet
so when the board pairs on the turn i still think that no one has hit that board and im ahead so the river is a deuce and im beating that so the only hand that beats me here is A4s or 34s so i call the descent size bet on the river

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 09:18 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Anyone with a Q should bet the flop, but someone with a 5 is going to be just as scared of the Q, especially out of position. If everyone checks the flop, then they would feel their 5 could be good and check/call with it on the turn and river. A flop bet could easily get rid of 5x from the hand.

If I'm holding say A5 and the flop is checked, then I'm figuring I'm ahead and will call anything down or bet the river. If the opp does that, by not defining their hand on the flop, then I'm going to bet or call later in the hand with the worst hand (and make it an easier call for them).

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 04, 2012, 09:32 PM
(#6)
SilverStar
thanks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com