Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My Bankroll Builder

Old
My Bankroll Builder - Fri Oct 05, 2012, 11:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
BronzeStar
hello
  I am eligible for promotion as a deposit did not but I passed the basic course.

Old
Fri Oct 05, 2012, 04:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi V1ZZ10,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one each of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 06:12 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
not me QUICK SAVE option appears after reading the data

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 06:23 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi V1ZZ10!

Please post the hand that you are trying to put into the replayer here so that we can take a look at it and try to determine why it's not working.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 03:53 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Mano de PokerStars n.º 87455327767: Hold'em No Limit (1/2) - 10-10-2012 15:17:43 ET
Mesa 'Ida VIII' 9-max (Dinero ficticio) Asiento n.º 9 es el botón
Asiento 2: Jhordan (132 en fichas)
Asiento 3: krice19 (455 en fichas)
Asiento 5: reiklov (501 en fichas)
Asiento 6: o_akqjt_o (89 en fichas)
Asiento 7: V1ZZ10 (398 en fichas)
Asiento 8: coyote007161 (375 en fichas)
Asiento 9: vita570 (357 en fichas)
Jhordan: pone ciega pequeña 1
krice19: pone ciega grande 2
*** CARTAS PROPIAS ***
Repartidas a V1ZZ10 [Td As]
reiklov: iguala 2
o_akqjt_o: iguala 2
V1ZZ10 ha agotado su tiempo
V1ZZ10: se retira
coyote007161: iguala 2
vita570: iguala 2
Jhordan: sube 2 a 4
krice19: se retira
reiklov: iguala 2
o_akqjt_o: se retira
coyote007161: iguala 2
vita570: iguala 2
*** FLOP *** [Ad 9c 8s]
Jhordan: pasa
reiklov: pasa
coyote007161: pasa
vita570: pasa
*** TURN *** [Ad 9c 8s] [7h]
Jhordan: pasa
reiklov: apuesta 2
coyote007161: se retira
vita570: se retira
Jhordan: iguala 2
*** RIVER *** [Ad 9c 8s 7h] [9s]
Jhordan: apuesta 8
reiklov: se retira
La apuesta no igualada (8) ha sido devuelta a Jhordan
Jhordan recaudó 23 de bote
*** RESUMEN ***
Bote total 24 | Comisión 1
Comunitarias [Ad 9c 8s 7h 9s]
Asiento 2: Jhordan (ciega pequeña) recaudó (23)
Asiento 3: krice19 (ciega grande) se retiró antes del Flop
Asiento 5: reiklov se retiró en el River
Asiento 6: o_akqjt_o se retiró antes del Flop
Asiento 7: V1ZZ10 se retiró antes del Flop (no apostó)
Asiento 8: coyote007161 se retiró en el Turn
Asiento 9: vita570 (botón) se retiró en el Turn

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 03:14 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
The quick save button doesn't appear after I click read data. There is only cancel button. I can not up my hands I do?

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 03:45 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi V1ZZ10,

I'm guessing it has to do with the language settings. I don't know if the hand replayer will work with hands that are not in English. I will need to find out from support about this.

In the meantime I will ask one of the hand anlaysers to look at the hand you posted above in text form and give you his thoughts on it.

Once he has done this we can move on from there.

Raiser.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 04:23 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi V1ZZ

Hope you are well. I suppose your question is, "should I have played this AT before the flop?" The answer is definitely yes.

With two calls in early position I don't expect these players to be very strong often and we have a hand that can flop top pair two ways, on a T high board, or on an A high board.

Also we can flop a straight draw, which A9, for example, can't do.

So I think our hand is strong enough to raise. We can maybe play the flop heads-up in position against one of these early position callers.

Then the question becomes, how much should we raise it to? I would think that something like '20' would be a good size. One is that we don't want too many people coming in behind us, so a larger raise size discourages this. In terms of the players in front of this, this is more likely to get a fold from the blinds or a caller than a smaller size like 10.

Hope this helps

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 10:32 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 10:34 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I played well or bad those hands?

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 02:17 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi V1ZZ10!

With JJ and a shorter stack shoving in front of me, I really have two choices, either to fold or to overshove to isolate. If the opp has been playing many hands or shoving multiple times, I'm opting to overshove to try and isolate the opp. Unfortunately, the button wakes up with AA and calls. It's really unlucky, but something that will happen in poker.

With KK, I want to make a standard raise here. Varying my raise size can be a bet tell as to the strength of my hand and I want to have the opps continually guessing as to the strength of my hand. I will raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, and in this case with three limpers, I will raise to 6BB or 12.
The flop brings three coordinated undercards and two opps. When it is checked to me, I want to make a value bet that will give the opps a negative play to draw at me and in this situation, I will use 3/4 the size of the pot as my bet, so I will bet 51. If I bet too little, then the opps will have a positive draw to a straight and if I bet too much, then I will lose value and should only have a hand that currently beats me call my bet.
The turn gives anyone with a J a made straight. The first opp checks and here is where I need to make my decision in the hand. I can either check/fold the rest of the hand if I do not get a J on the river, or I can try one more value bet (that I would size at 1/2 the pot). If I did bet and was called or raised, then I'm check/folding. If any of the opps are known to slowplay a made hand or to stay with any two cards (so that a jack is well within their range), then I'm going to check/fold.

With pocket 10's, here again, I want to make a standard raise and with one limper, I will raise to 4BB or 8 chips. I do not want to make abnormal raises, as the opps should immediately put me on a larger pocket pair if I did that.
The flop is a coordinated underpair that brings many straight and a possible flush draw. The first opp makes a min-bet (very bad play, as the bets should be sized based on the size of the pot). With an overpair, I want to raise here and will size my raise at a pot-sized one, so I will raise to 64. I don't want to make a smaller bet as I don't want to give the opps the correct odds to draw at a straight or flush and also, I don't want this bet to be a lower as it will make my hand look weak, compared to a very strong bet preflop.
The turn is a blank and the opp now makes another min bet (very bad, as a value bet should be at least 1/2 the size of the pot). Once again, I need to make a raise here and I need to size it once again at a pot size raise.... however... this is almost the entire amount of chips that I have left. Due to this, I'm shoving the turn. I do not want to call their small bet, as this gives anyone with a draw the correct odds to beat me. I want them to pay enough to draw, that it is a negative play long-term for them.
The river is a blank unless the opp has 66 or 7 10. By calling on the turn (when I should have shoved), I need to bet the river here and will size the bet at 1/2 pot. With most of the draws missing, I want to get value for my overpair. Checking here is losing me value and chips on average. Yes, sometimes the opp may have an 8, but the majority of the time they will have a 9 or a missed draw and I will win the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 05:56 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
well take this into account for the next. thanks

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:23 AM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi V1ZZ10!

Now it's time to study the Poker Basics course and after you've studied it, try to pass the quiz.

Once you've passed it we'll award you your first buy-in and continue on from there.

Please let me know when you do this.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 06:18 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
I already pass the basic test.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 06:29 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Did you attend the two live training sessions that were listed in post 2?

Please let me know when you have attended them.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 05:53 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
I attended two training sessions that name in the post 2

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 06:19 PM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi V1ZZ10!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training session. This should help too and please tell me when you attend it.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com