Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 9-max: strange shove

Old
2NL 9-max: strange shove - Sun Oct 07, 2012, 01:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, the raiser is a LAG player who's playing like 2/3 of the hands and raising like half of them.

I've called because I had implied odds. But ended up folding fearing a flush, although now it seems that he could have trips or paired the king. The shove confused me anyway.

What u guys think of the fold ?

Old
Sun Oct 07, 2012, 09:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

Preflop call is fine. Flop call I really don't like, this is not a board we should really ever be slow playing as there are soooo many scary looking cards to our opponents ranges that may kill our action. So I think we should usually be raising right on the flop.

As played I would call off to the LAG's shove. Not too worried about a flush, if he's loose-aggressive he's probably going to raise the flop with a flush draw more often than not. It's possible of course, but much more likely he just turned a flush draw with the ace, maybe with top pair, like AhKx which he thinks is probably good right now given the weak action and which is drawing to the nuts if not good now. Looks like a "protection" raise or semi-bluff raise, not like a flush that would probably raise but much less, to keep you guys hooked in. Of course that could be wrong, but I'd put the money in here and find out personally.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com