Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Study Groups

Old
Study Groups - Sun Oct 07, 2012, 03:51 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
Hey all,

I'm thinking about joining a study group. I play $1 45 man SnG on PokerStars, $1 STT SnG and MTTs on other sites and I want to join one to back up the video training I'm watching here on PSO. Is there a section on this site or can anyone recommend another site where I'd be able to find groups in my area of interest?

I tried the search function here, but there are no results.

Old
Fri Nov 23, 2012, 03:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Sounds interesting. How do they work?

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
Do you have skype Hellsgate,im just a 90man 1,50 dollar regular,but im just new at the game

Old
Mon Nov 26, 2012, 04:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi hellsgate10

I think study groups are really good way to further your game. JDean used to run one where we would watch one the langoliers theory videos during the week and discuss it on a saturday afternoon. It really helped me grasp the concepts.

I was thinking of setting one up for 6max players a few weeks ago but I don't have the time to do it currently.

If you post in the community meet up forum, asking for players who want to start a study group. (you can also use the private message function to get in touch with members you know play similar game to you) You could then add each other on skype and meet once a week to discuss hands you've played or articles/videos you've read/watched.

You could post the hands in the forum afterwards with any points that were brought up during the discussion and get help from the trainers.

Hope you get one sorted.

Oliver

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
hey - Wed Jan 16, 2013, 08:01 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
study groups are a great idea
but they often tend to become harmful to your game as they quickly turn into just another casual chat group

u should go for it and use it to discuss hands and do sweats and stuff to better your game via join me skype share screen or team viewer gl and hv fun

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com