Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Limit HE JTs - agressive play

Old
Limit HE JTs - agressive play - Mon Oct 08, 2012, 06:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hello, this is my first post and I'd like to share with you a hand that I'm not sure if I played it right.
It was played at a Spanish Stars Freeroll Hold'em Limit and I would like to see what are you're opinion on this hand.
thank you.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=926F4D5249

Old
Mon Oct 08, 2012, 10:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Dragos, welcome to PSO!

Thanks for posting, nice to see some limit hold'em action.

I don't like the preflop play personally, JT from early position in a 9 handed game is a fold preflop, opening this type of spot is going to be -EV in all but the most extreme circumstances.

Post flop play is fine, it's a bit aggressive but if the opponent is very fishy aggressive it's ok. But generally I would not be 3-betting the turn here, after the villain still wants to raise on what should be a scary card for him if it in fact improved us to the best hand. Most hands that can legitimately raise us on the turn have us beat, they are QJ+, straights, and boats. So again if he's known to raise illegitimately (overplay more marginal hands in spots like this) think 3-betting is ok. Otherwise I would just call his raise, and check/call the river when unimproved.

The real problem here is getting involved preflop in the first place. A lot of the action we'll get behind us will be hands that dominate us, as was the case here.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 08, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum since it's a limit hand JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com