Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

herndo30 bank builders

Old
herndo30 bank builders - Mon Oct 08, 2012, 12:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
am i still eligible for this promotion?

Old
Mon Oct 08, 2012, 01:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi hendo30!

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 08, 2012, 04:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi hendo30,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck at the tables.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 07:54 PM
(#4)
yep done that

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 08:00 PM
(#5)
Hi hendo30,

Have a session at the play money games. Please post a hand that you were not sure about here in this thread using the hand replayer.
>>instructions for the replayer<<

Once you have done that we can continue with your Bank Roll Builder.

Good luck!

Last edited by CannonLee; Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 08:03 PM..

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 03:17 PM
(#6)

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 04:43 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo30 View Post
Hi hendo,

in a short handed game is a very strong hand.

With a total of 3 limpers ahead of me, I'd raise 3x the big blind + 1 big blind for each limper in the pot, this will help to ensure thinning the total players to see the flop also it'll increase my equity.

On the turn I have high card value, but in a limped pot scenario 4way, I will be checking the turn for pot control. I don't want to bet the turn as I'd be charging myself to draw.

The river completes my straight ten to ace, I can bet 1/2 to 3/4 pot for value as there is a possibility of a wide range of Tx, Jx and slow played Kx hands that our opponents limped in with.

When I get check raised on this river depending on the amount I can:

1.) bet >> call
2.) bet >> fold (this depends on the table dynamics/reads/tendencies of the villain that has check raised me)

The villain is representing a strong hand here on the river, I beat every hand except a flush and a full house. Here are some examples of hands that the villain has (ex. KK QQ QJ KQ +) that's a lot of hands that beat my straight.

Remember this, we are playing against a range of hands. There absolutely nothing wrong with folding what appears to be a strong hand.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 04:47 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 04:50 AM
(#8)
Hi hendo,

You will receive your first Bank Roll Builder buy in within the next 24 hours!

Play at the 9 seated (9-max) No Limit Holdem 1/2c real money tables with your first Bank Roll Builder buy in. Also be sure to post hands in this thread with the replayer that you did not feel to sure about and I'd gladly assist you!

We play against a "range" of hands.
Good decisions and good luck at the table!

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:33 AM
(#9)

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
(#10)
i take it thats about as bad as you can play a hand!!!

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:52 AM
(#11)

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:53 AM
(#12)
right odds to call on the turn looking for straight and right to fold on the river?

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:50 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Quote:
i take it thats about as bad as you can play a hand!!!
Hi Hendo,

What are your reads on villain 2, 3 and 8?

in the SB position can be a good scenario depending on the table dynamics, how many are involved in the pot and villain tendencies. But with 2 limpers and a 4x raise ahead of me read less I will be folding from the SB. Here are some reasons as to why I would fold preflop.

1.) I will be out position post flop in a potential multiway pot.

2.) These are the range of hands that I'm behind of (ex. AQ, KQ, QJ, AK, TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA)

Post flop read less, I flop top pair a check>>call line is nice as it's a really dry flop and most times I'll only get called by a better hand if I'm to bet, let's also factor in out kicked Qx hands that I'm ahead of (Q7 Q8 Q9) I want to keep that range in the hand.

Let's focus on your bet sizing, I'd like to see you bet 1/2 to 3/4 pot with your value hands that have connected with the board, also starting hands and position

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM..

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
(#14)
the hole table was super loose iv found this quite a lot....
in this kinda game do you loosen up your self?
and it was hard to put him on AQ as he just called pre flop

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 12:36 PM
(#15)

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#16)
though id tighten up a little so folded about 30 hands in a row was starting to get frustrated but then hit these 3 hands in a row

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 01:06 PM
(#17)
think it was bottom hand first then top then middle

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 05:33 AM
(#18)
Hi Hendo,

I would fold pre-flop facing a limp and a 4x raise ahead of me. Even though it can flop well (in this scenario it did) I still have 4 more villains behind me to act, and there is a possibilty of a stronger Kx hand or better out
there. If I was on the button I'd snap call this hand, but middle position I'd fold.
I like your line the line on the flop, we have an open ended straight draw. No need to semi-bluff and charge ourselves to draw out on a board that connects well with most strong early position ranges(ex. AQ KQ QJ JJ QQ 88 TT, on the turn AK 99)
The turn I fold as I'm not geting the correct price to draw out.

in the small blind facing 1 open raise of 2.5x on the button, I'd 3 bet villain2 to around 17 or 25c. I have a top starting hand, but while being readless of villain2's tendencies I would like top maximize my value by:
1.) Get villain2 to call my 3bet and take it post flop for more value where I now have the initiative in the pot.
2.) Get villain2 to 4bet jam 50bb all in with a worse range of hands.
3.) Get villain2 to fold and win the pot uncontested.
The way this hand played out all in all it was ok, but I would not click back min raise to 8c although it can
induce a 4bet or a flat call.
Here is an example of villain2 flat calling the 8c 3bet:
dealing flop: (total pot 15c) villain2 stack $1
I cbet 10c, villain2 calls.
dealing turn: (total pot 35c) villain2 stack 90c
I bet 28c, villain2 shoves all in, and I call
dealing river:
showdown: villain2 shows with a straight 5 to 9
This scenario could have been avoided if my 4bet was sized 17 or 25c preflop, as the villain would have to invest nearly 1/4 of their stack to see a flop with , if they proceed to call.. the pot will be inflated on the flop and my cbet of 40c puts villain2 in a decision of risking almost their entire stack an open ended straight draw which in most cases they will fold and sometimes call(which we want them to do in a big pot)

I would like to see an open for 3x the big blind and fold to any action ahead of me that is 3bet 4bet etc..
When villain1 check raises you on the flop, what range of hands did you put them on? Where there any reads on villain1?
I know a set of 8's plays it self on such a dry flop but when you 4bet to 30c what hands are you trying to get value from?
We'll discuss this hand further, I'll be awaiting your reply.

Last edited by CannonLee; Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 05:40 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 07:47 AM
(#19)
with the K 10 i was kinda wanting to know did i get the right price to call then fold just to make sure was working out pot odds a ok........
with the 8 8 like i said id been folding for a long time been sat for about 45mins i knew the hole table was loose passive i could have raised the normal 3bb but with this table i know i could easily have 3 callers with Ax Kx and as im looking for a set to win most of the time id be betting extra 6bb on hitting it you see where im coming from?
as for the JJ thats the guy i just took the big pot off so wanted to get it in agast him i noticed that he had not reloaded guy to my left is facing two raises so think he would get out the way and i know are man is loose so range is big and that he is on a short stack so could be even bigger

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 08:04 AM
(#20)

just want to check this is a fold right?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com