Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

wining more at 6 seats

Old
wining more at 6 seats - Mon Oct 08, 2012, 01:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
im finding my self winning and cashing more at 6 seat tables rather than 8
is this just luck or does this say something about my game?

Old
Mon Oct 08, 2012, 01:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi hendo30!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you familiar with many of the options that PSO has to offer.

It really could be either. 6-max tables are more aggressive than full ring, due to the blinds hitting more often. It could be that they suit your game better.
6-max will fit a looser, more aggressive player better, full ring will fit a tighter player better.
The key is to find the type of game and style that matches with a players ability best.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 08, 2012, 01:35 PM
(#3)
so play a little tighter in the 8 man ones.....
kinda brings me on nicely to hand i played
very loose player utg+1 raises 6bb folds round to me on button with JJ raise to 18bb he goes all in i call and loose to AA
bad call?

Old
Mon Oct 08, 2012, 02:11 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo30 View Post
so play a little tighter in the 8 man ones.....
kinda brings me on nicely to hand i played
very loose player utg+1 raises 6bb folds round to me on button with JJ raise to 18bb he goes all in i call and loose to AA
bad call?

Welcome hendo,

Some weaker players give away the strength of their hand by the raise size. Noticing utg+1 was loose is good and then consider do they normally raise 6x? Some players may make a stronger open early position maybe 4x but this is not giving you any reads on the hand strength.

Good luck in your training.

Old
Mon Oct 08, 2012, 03:44 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
It would depend on the game type (cash/tourney/level of game, etc) and the stack sizes.
However, I do agree with Forrest Five, that this could very easily be a bet tell.. and if so, I'd fold the JJ immediately.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 08, 2012, 10:04 PM
(#6)
sorry was a MTT think it was 90(ish) left of 180 he had a 3/1 stack on me and he had been in more pots than tiger woods so i was thinking AK AQ or under pair thats why i called

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com