Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My Bankroll Builder

Old
My Bankroll Builder - Mon Oct 08, 2012, 04:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hi, I haven`t made a deposit and I am reading the first course, how can I receive my bankroll?

Old
Mon Oct 08, 2012, 05:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malugo7849 View Post
Hi, I haven`t made a deposit and I am reading the first course, how can I receive my bankroll?
Hi Malugo7849,

Nice to meet you and thanks for your interest in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

We'll be able to advise on eligibility within 24 hours.

For now have a look around the site, here's a LINK that you may find useful.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 06:51 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Malugo7849,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practising on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer.

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 02:10 PM
(#4)
I am not sure how to play this hand. Waiting for a Straight and a Flush on the river, all in or fold is the better decision?

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 02:13 PM
(#5)
Thank you for the help.

Raiser

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 03:16 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Malugo7849!

Normally from UTG, I'm going to muck JTo, but since this is a short table (only 3 opps), I will make my standard normal raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 30. I want to keep all of my raises standard, so that the opps won't know what cards I'm playing, as I'll make the same raise with AA, 77, 22, AK, JT, or a total bluff.

I hit second pair on a 4-way flop. The first two opps check to me and since I made a preflop raise, I'll make my standard c-bet on the flop of 1/2 pot (80). Once again, standard bets so the opp won't have a clue what cards I have.

Everyone calls and now I have a 3rd pair, a royal draw and an open-ended straight draw. The first opp now makes a small min-bet that is called by the second opp. Since I'm drawing too, I'll gladly call here. I do not want to raise a sizable portion of the pot or to have to call a large raise, as this will price me out of the pot... in which case, I'd have to fold.

The button now raises to 500, which is called by the second opp.
Now.. I need to see if it is worth it to call. I need to put 490 chips into a pot that will be 1950 (25.1%). I now go into pokerstove and see if my hand has more than 25.1% equity.
Since these opps look like calling stations, I'll use a very wide range for them (anything that hit the board or that has a straight/flush draw). I find out that my hand has 38.4% equity against this range... so I will call the raise to 500.

I could shove here, but since I really only have a draw (3rd pair normally won't win here), I don't want to put the rest of my chips into the pot against two calling stations (especially against a station that made a raise, which is normally a tell for a big hand).

If the opp would have raised to put me all-in, yes, I'm calling since I have enough equity to do so, but against a calling station that raised, I don't want to commit these chips on a draw if I don't have to.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 05:50 PM
(#7)
Thank you, It helped me very much.
I watched the "Getting Started with PokerStars" and "Introduction to Bet Sizing" Live Training and finished the first Quiz. How can I get the bankroll now?

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 06:36 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you, It helped me very much.
I watched the "Getting Started with PokerStars" and "Introduction to Bet Sizing" Live Training and finished the first Quiz. How can I get the bankroll now?
Hi Malugo7849,

I can confirm that you did indeed attend tonight's Getting Started session at PokerStars with Chewme1.

How did you find the session, was there anything in it that you didn't already know?

Now that you have also passed the Basic Assessment quiz we will get you started on the real money tables by awarding you with your first buy-in. You'll receive this within the next 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent full ring cash tables. Playing other formats or limits may make you ineligible for further bonuses.

Post back here using the Hand Replayer any hands that have left you making difficult decisions or cost you money for review.

Once you've done this we'll continue on from there.

Good luck

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 07:42 PM
(#9)
Hi Paul,

Yes, I learned how to save my hand history.
I played the bonus but did not succed, the hands it happened:

I answered the second Quiz and attend to the Bet sizing introduction
and Entering a Cash Game Pot today live training, can I receive the second bonus?

Thank you very much for patience and for the learnings.

Raiser

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 03:40 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Malugo7849,

Thanks for posting. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at these hands for you. Once he has done this we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 10:14 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Malugo,

Ad8d - Raising the 2 limpers in position is good, I like that. I don't like calling when the UTG player now limp-reraises all in. Players are often doing this "tricky" play with big pairs or AK, and even in the cases where their range is wider there A8 still doesn't play well in this spot as they still tend to have a lot of strong hands in their range. So just fold to that action preflop generally.

Q3o - Button steal in a 3 handed game is fine here. Definitely going to continuation bet the raggy flop heads up when he checks, that looks good too. Not real sure about continuing once you get called on the flop though. Generally we are getting called on the flop by top pair, other pocket pairs, ace high, and draws. Sometimes paint that is peeling once as well. All the made hands won't fold this turn card, but there is some value in barrelling considering that draws may fold now with trips on the board and paints may fold, and all K high and Q high hands are beating you, so we can get some better hands to fold. It's marginal though imo. I definitely like giving up on the river after he calls the 2nd barrel, don't think he's folding better hands now unless you have reads to that effect.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 02:05 PM
(#12)
Thank you,
It`s better to fold Ad8d on the flop and don`t go to continuation bet more than once.
I have finished the second Quiz and the live training. How can I receive the second bonus now?

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 03:44 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have finished the second Quiz and the live training. How can I receive the second bonus now?
Hi Malugo7849,

Thank you for attending Live Training and congrats on passing the quiz.

Your second buy-in has been awarded and will be in your account within 24 hours.

Please use this buy-in to again only play the 1/2 cent full-ring cash game tables. Playing other formats may make you ineligible for further buy-ins.

Post here using the hand replayer any hands that have caused you problems or lost you money. Once you have done this we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 07:00 PM
(#14)
Hi, I do not have any money in my cashier and didn`t get the 10 VPP, can you give me the next bankroll?

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 07:00 PM
(#15)
Thank you

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#16)
I read this in the bankroll promotion: After completing the cash game quiz, there are three ways you can earn two additional buy-ins**:
Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.
If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in.

I lost all my money and have just 4 FPP, how can I get the new buy-in?

Thanks

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 04:48 PM
(#17)
Hey guys, I've been waiting since yesterday, Can someone help me?

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 05:48 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey guys, I've been waiting since yesterday, Can someone help me?
Hi Malugo7849,

You have received you second buy-in yesterday for passing the Cash Game quiz.

Please use this buy-in to again only play the 1/2 cent full-ring cash game tables. Playing other formats may make you ineligible for further buy-ins.

Post here using the hand replayer any hands that have caused you problems or lost you money. Once you have done this we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 05:51 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Malugo7849,

In the hand you posted above you lost $0.26 of your bankroll. Can you provide more hands please where you lost the rest of the buy-in and we will analyse them for you.

Also, you are playing 6-max tables and not full ring as advised.

Once you do this we will continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com