Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My bankroll builder

Old
My bankroll builder - Tue Oct 09, 2012, 01:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
hi there! I'm still fairly new to the PSO, I have taken some of the courses, but have never deposited, and I'm not sure if I have passed the basic evaluation quiz or not, do I qualify for this promotion?

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 01:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tteradactyl View Post
hi there! I'm still fairly new to the PSO, I have taken some of the courses, but have never deposited, and I'm not sure if I have passed the basic evaluation quiz or not, do I qualify for this promotion?
Hi Tteradactyl,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline.

We'll advise within the next 24 hours if your eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion.

In the mean time feel free to browse www.pokerschoolonline.com. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PokerSchoolOnline has to offer.

Thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 02:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Tteradactyl,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one each of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 07:07 PM
(#4)
I am having trouble with the hand replayer, it doesn't have the "quick save" option at the bottom, only cancel. Is there a glich in the system?

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 07:25 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
There sometimes can be a glitch, becuase it's really picky with the spacing. Please try posting the hand history you are trying to use and we'll see if we can find out why it's not working (make sure it's in English).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 11:24 AM
(#6)

Here's a couple of hands I played, did I play them well?

Last edited by Tteradactyl; Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 03:58 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tteradactyl View Post
Here's a couple of hands I played, did I play them well?
Hi Tteradactyl,

I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to look at this hand for you.

Once he has done this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 04:38 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi Tteradactyl

I think you could have improved your play in these spots a bit. Let's talk about the AJ hand first.

I think you are right to raise before the flop here, because you have a good hand. But more than that, you have a hand that is worth more than 4 chips in this situation. Raising to 4 is going to allow a lot of opponents to come and see the flop with us. Usually when we raise before the flop we would be best served seeing the flop heads up with another opponent, or we could win the pot preflop! Neither of these things are going to happen if we make it 4 here, we are likely to see a flop 4 or 5 ways. I think it would be best to raise to something like 24... quite a bit bigger. The reason is that there are already a lot of limpers in the pot and we want to make it hard for all of them to call. If we see a flop heads up we are likely going to be able to win the pot sometimes when we miss the flop -- a key thing we would like to accomplish in this situation.

I hope that all makes some sense.

Let's move on to that A5 hand. I think calling before the flop is optional. You certainly would not be wrong to fold before the flop, but this is a minor point compared to the flop.

What do you notice about the flop? I notice that there are so many people to the flop. Its a party and everyone is invited!

The thing we need to remember when a lot of people see the flop is that it is MORE likely that someone has a strong hand. The more people, the better chances someone has flopped a monster. So when we flop second pair top kicker against one opponent, we might want to put some confidence in this hand. But in a pot with this many players, our hand becomes quite marginal. This means I would shy away from calling all-ins with our hand for example, in particular when this opponent goes all in. I think giving him credit for at least a jack makes sense, so I would be happy to let it go.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:21 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Tteradactyl!

Now it's time to study the Poker Basics course and after you've studied it, try to pass the quiz.

Once you've passed it we'll award you your first buy-in and continue on from there.

Please let me know when you do this.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 11:34 AM
(#10)
I have finished the basic course, and passed the basic assessment quiz with 67%

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 01:03 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Tteradactyl!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 02:02 PM
(#12)
I have received the first $2. thank you. I have lost the first $1 already...Here is the last hand that I lost

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 03:28 PM
(#13)
Hi Tteradactyl

Mouthful of a name you got there

I think given the stack size you started this hand with you played it just fine. We flopped two over cards and a flush draw. That is quite a strong hand and when we are short on chips we should be more willing to commit those chips to the pot in terms of our hand strength. If it didn't work out this time well that's just unlucky.

One point I would make though is that you could be better served by buying in for a larger amount, or keeping your stack topped up. I understand that you don't get too much wiggle room at 2nl with 2$. I would probably suggest you buy-in for 1.20 or something like that but have the auto-top feature on so that your stack is continually topped up to that level as you play.

That way you can get used to playing a bit deeper stacked and should you double up it will be for a good amount as opposed to when you bleed down to 40 cents. If that makes sense

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 11:31 AM
(#14)
how would you have played this had differently?

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 12:28 PM
(#15)
Hi Tteradactyl

I think this hand could have been played better at a few stages.

Let's talk about your decision to re-raise before the flop. I think calling is best here. We are out of position and are getting a good price to see the flop. If we flop well we can try to put more money in out of position, but we should look to minimize our commitment to the pot sometimes.

If we were to re-raise before the flop I would prefer a much bigger size, because it would mean that our opponent could fold some amount of the time. If we make it something like 14c then we can pick up the pot some amount of the time without confrontation.

As played I would simply check and fold this flop. What is the best case scenario, do you think, if we check and call this flop with three overcards? If someone has a J or a T in their hand they will have lots of opportunities to make a pair or a straight, if they don't already have one, and will have lots of opportunities to bluff us out of the pot on the future.

This is a good example of a situation on the flop where you need to consider what is going to happen on the turn and the river. Do you see any good possibilities for those streets with our hand?

Hope this helps

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 03:31 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Tteradactyl!

Please let us know whether you are still playing with this buy-in or if you have lost it. That way we can move you to the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 07:43 PM
(#17)
thanks Gareth...what you daid makes sense, I'll be more careful in that podition. I think I was trying to "protect my blind" with the rereaise

Yes, I have officially lost my buyin, what is the next step?

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 07:49 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Tteradactyl,

Now your ready to study the Cash Game course. Spend some time studying the content of this course and this will help you greatly.

When you feel you are ready have a go at attempting the quiz.

Also, please attend one of the 'Entering A Cash Game Pot' live training sessions.

Please post back here when you have completed both of these items.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com