Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL Zoom facing river bet

Old
5NL Zoom facing river bet - Tue Oct 09, 2012, 03:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
This is a typical expensive situation from 5NL Zoom.

Is there anyting in my betting line that I could/should have done differently? In particular, should I have bet more (pot size) on the turn?

Here is what I was thinking at the time:
My pf raise gets called making me think the villian has a pp better than mine, or an AJs type hand. The flop is great and I assume Im ahead. I have no stats on the villian.

My bet gets flatted again, so I assume an overpair or flush draw.

My turn bet getts flatted once again so I am pretty sure Im facing an overpair and way ahead.

My river bet gets reraised. 1010 fits his range but so do JJ, QQ and maybe some other hands. With so much in the pot I couldnt fold, so I just put him all in and crossed my fingers.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...273_F854FBC733

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 08:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi Roland,

Nice spot here, I like the bets on the flop and turn as you likely have the best hand. However I would make them slightly larger edging more towards 2/3 pot; I think this slight increase will make for an easier river decision as you'll be committed and often will be able to shove the river for value.

As played I think it's a tough spot. I don't think I would fold here, however I'm probably not putting him all in. I can see why you would but I think I would just err on the side of caution; he played the previous two streets very passively and now raises you. If you are paying him off then minimise losses imo.

Nice hand dude.

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 01:00 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Roland,

The click back min-raise looks super strong, without reads I'm not sure I'm putting him the rest of the way in here either. TT, 66, 56s are all in his range. I think we have to pay him off for sure, since he can show up with A5 and maybe stuff like K5s here as well, but I'm not happy getting click-backed on the river. If he was a known huge fish then he's going to have a lot more 5x hands in his range and it gets better for us.

Not sure how profitable it is to be opening 33 from EP in full ring, depends on the table dynamic and of course in zoom there is no table dynamic so certainly a marginal open at best imo... probably ok in 5nl since there are so many poor players but at higher stakes like 100nl I don't think it's profitable.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com